Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TABLE SHAFT

Just wanted to let everyone know, WangJ has now replaced his first table drive shaft.

YAYAYAYAYAY [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]
    WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Re: TABLE SHAFT

He is no longer a virgin.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Still waiting for my first in almost 8 years, the longer the wait the better [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] :p
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

There's a fun day.

Comment

Changing the table shaft is a PITA job, but it gives you achance to clean every thing down. I like to braze in a support brace for the spot/respot cam bracket while every thing is apart. The killers are the ones that snap at 5 PM. We keep a shaft and both cams filed and fitted, ready to go in.
          Our AS/IS 70's went in in '76 and when the first shaft broke we couldn't believe that big shaft could break.
          "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
          Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Agree 100% with amfpinboy.
            Gives you chance to blitz the front end of the m/c whilst everything is off.espeacially the spot/respot spring hangers/pins and swarf, off all them seized cam followers that have fallen apart over the years!

Comment

Wow,

The first job I every started on my own. All them years ago. The chief had to go borrow a spare. Told me to do what I could. Got it all out anyway. Would have been easier if I knew what the spring puller was though. Those green spring on spot/respot arms were awfully hard to get off !!

Comment

But did he put on the lock collar? Better go look. A saw zaw make the job alot faster.

Comment

I have yet to change my first table shaft but I'm told that it breaks at the shuttle cam most of the time. As I have said before, Stahl's says to remove the key from the shuttle cam and advance it about 1/2 of the width of the keyway on the shaft. Both Tom and Jamie say this increases the strength of the shaft because the collar is now clamping over at least 1/2 of the void where the key was. This also aids in better shuttleing because it actually shuttles before the table gets to zero thus allowing the pin holders to return before the stacked pins fall onto the pin holders therefore reducing the chance of pins falling thru onto the X frame. Do any of you agree with this teaching??
                  Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I'm told that it breaks at the shuttle cam most of the time
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmmmmm....:

[img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/1718790/130798965.jpg[/img]
                    So it goes.

Comment

If you look down over the top of the table drive unit, at zero, that piece of the casting should be aligned to the small allen screw above the bearing holder. (don't have a book here to give a #)
                      That would be the finishing point of a table run. If you want to stop the table earlier, it gives you an exact spot of reference that can't be moved. Some mech.'s use the table drive nylon roller, but the spring tension and roll pins can give you a different reading on every drive unit.
                      My eye balls need a flashlight to check the adj..
                      &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                      Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Lampie; I'm not looking for an arguement, I'm only stating what was relayed to me. As I said, I have NEVER changed a table shaft. So, I'm glad you posted that pic so others know that I am wrong. I do not wish to pass along false information.
                        Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Brunsamf you are most definantly correct in your statment..... I think Lampie was pointing out a rarity....lol in my 18 years.... I have seen only 2 break...and both were behind the shuttle cam.

Lampie is good ppl, and was not calling you out....lol

Comment

Brunsamf, I didn't want to step on your toes, like JD said it was a rarity and the only picture of a broken table shaft I have.
                            I'm a rarity myself...
                            So it goes.

Comment

I have seen them break where Lampie's did.......under the shuttle cam.....and the last one I did broke at the bearing collar.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X