Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Straps _ AMF Shuttles

Okay I was thinking Normal is the 5, 7, 8, 9 & 10pins... Which I use.

Now, What Locations do you'll use and why did you choose to Place them there?

The Old Head Mechanic here used all Pin Locations and I Personally Don’t see why?

Re: Bin Straps _ AMF Shuttles

everywhere but the head pin. adds strength to the assembly, helps to keep the shuttle from widening at all bins. doesn't hurt anything.
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Not necessary to have them on every pin, but as mentioned, it dont hurt. the only down side I can see is more possibilities for straps to break. This is a possible pin nicking issue, so there are more to change, and more often. Smaller centers probably wont even notice a difference in extra work.

Comment

I put them on the:

Two, four, six, eight,
        To show them I appreciate!

Sorry... friends shouldn't let friends drink and post. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Try the Stahls bin strap. It will never break.

Wang

Comment

Originally posted by Loneliness:
            Okay I was thinking Normal is the 5, 7, 8, 9 & 10pins... Which I use.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I also use those pin locations as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WangJ:

Wang
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do not use the Stahl's bin strap.

There is not enough room between the shuttle and cup on many machines.

Use 2 bin straps on the 7 and 10. Use 1 on all others but the #1 pin.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Ranger:
                I put them on the:

Two, four, six, eight,
                To show them I appreciate!

Sorry... friends shouldn't let friends drink and post. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img]
                Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WangJ:

Wang
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do not use the Stahl's bin strap.

There is not enough room between the shuttle and cup on many machines.

Use 2 bin straps on the 7 and 10. Use 1 on all others but the #1 pin.
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with Jerry

Comment

not a fan of the thick straps either. Had too many instances where longer bolts had to be used, and they chewed the hel out of the pincups.

Comment

Use the Stahl's Tuffy straps on your 7 and 10 pin holders. Use the thin metal ones on your 4-5-6 pin areas. Don't put one on the 9 pin slot. When you are done use a tape measure from the left corner front to the right corner back--right corner front to the left corner back. Make sure the distances are equal--this will assure the assembly is square!!! Don't mix the AMF pin holders with the Stahl's metal ones, you'll have no problems doing it this way.
                      For Sale- Pickled Eggs--10 cents each, 2 for a quarter, I'll have a quarters worth please.

Comment

Originally posted by 2424pepsi:
                        Use the Stahl's Tuffy straps on your 7 and 10 pin holders. Use the thin metal ones on your 4-5-6 pin areas. Don't put one on the 9 pin slot. When you are done use a tape measure from the left corner front to the right corner back--right corner front to the left corner back. Make sure the distances are equal--this will assure the assembly is square!!! Don't mix the AMF pin holders with the Stahl's metal ones, you'll have no problems doing it this way.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm curious why not the 9 bin?
                        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Table head We don't use the one in the 9 pin spot because the 9 bin switch already pushes the pin a little forward and it is not needed to keep the pin in the bin.
                          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

5, 7 ,8 , 9, 10 is all that are required.
                            maister

Comment

Well said Lafarge--I've also experienced pins not shuttling @ the 9 pin slot with AMF brown or rubber pin holders--causing a lot of pin jams at the #9. The switch pushes the pins forward and catches on the holders or the strap.
                              For Sale- Pickled Eggs--10 cents each, 2 for a quarter, I'll have a quarters worth please.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X