Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westinghouse Motor Switch Wiring

Hey guys,

I have a motor switch that some of the wires were crossed on. Does anyone have any advice on how to wire the switch.

I just need to know which wires from the motor plug go to which section on the terminal board.

I also need to know which wires go from the stator to which posts on the terminal board.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PAT

Re: Westinghouse Motor Switch Wiring

Pat,

I can’t help you as I don’t have Westies. Is there any reason that you can’t open up a known good one and take it from there?

Triac

Comment

Triac has an excelant idea.

If you cant figure it out, give me a call after 2 pm today (pacific time) and I will help you through it. 775-789-2282

Paul

Comment

[img]http://pic16.****************/VOL657/2474429/4897923/131636786.jpg[/img] [img]http://pic16.****************/VOL657/2474429/4897923/131636785.jpg[/img]

Comment

Oh wait, you want to connect the combo plug to the terminal board. Sorry.

Nil - White - 2
          X - Black - 4
          Center - Yellow - 3
          Y - Brown - Brown lead from stator
          Z - Red - L1

You may notice that all terminals except #2 (white) will already have wires of the same color going to them.
          You will sometimes also find a little diagram inside the plug housing.
          The yellow wire's connector to terminal 3 is very close to the end bell - make sure it's bent in a little so it doesn't touch.

Chad

Comment

[img]http://pic16.****************/VOL657/2474429/4897923/131644318.jpg[/img]

Comment

These are nice drawings Chad. I really like your new one of the Westinghouse BE motor (Carl emailed it to me).

Come to think of it, Pat hasn't specified whether he's got wiring trouble with a combo or a BE motor........

Ray
              Ray Jordan
              Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
              Australia

Comment

Rrev, lol good point... I assumed the combo, as it is a bit trickier when it comes to the motor plug....lol that and only 1 out of the 12 centers I worked in actualy had BE motor plugs. The rest just had femail spaid terms on the power wire that pluged directly into the board.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. Sometimes it's really difficult putting on the solid-state switch for the first time. I want to make it as plain as possible.
                  Will be doing GE & Matsu****as and all the combos in similar fashion.

In Pat's case, I surmise it's a combo because of this:
                  Originally posted by pat:

I just need to know which wires from the motor plug go to which section on the terminal board.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it's a Back-End motor, it's fairly easy to figure out which plug wire goes where on the terminal board [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

They are combo motors. I know look at other maotors. There is such a small space I have a hard time with this.

It has been solved. I took another motor off and put them both on the bench and looked and found my mistake.

My eyes are not as sharp as they used to be.

These posts really help!!!

Thanks

Comment

Pat

I would strongly recommend using potential relays for the westinghouse combo motors. There is less wiring inside the stator and the motors run cooler. You can order grainger # 6X550 or call stahls. It might be best to order your first few froms stahls so you can get a wiring diagram and then finish with grainger. In the long run you will be saving money and will be less of a hassle. You wont have to deal with cent mechs not working or burned switches inside the stator. Just my 2 cents.

Wang

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X