Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman's No Cycle

Batman,

I started a new thread on your problem. ….Please keep this problem to this thread only as it makes it very difficult when you have the same problem listed in other threads with different tests and results.

Please correct me if anything is wrong.

Problem: No cycle and SA stays lit on the #1board.

Given:
    5 board SS chassis…Problem moves with chassis

Options tried with no success:
    Put in Omega Tek board
    Swapped all 5 boards
    Isolated instuctomat by disconnecting gray wire off of T2
    Checked fuses

Re: Batman's No Cycle

OK, sorry about that, SA lamp is lit and INST is not.

S relay coil is not passing 24V.

I am also still suspicious of the gray T2 lead being off and insulated.

Comment

yea ive tried everything and still nothing im probably just going to throw the thing away and run a nine lane bowling centre if u guys want to u can come have a look at it cause i got no idea and i think i might have to accept DEFEAT

Comment

No Cycling, and problem stays with the chassis. sounds like an F3 problem. or sweep relay lost its coil wires. check to see you have continuity between purple wire on F3 fuse and bottom right hand C2A pin

Comment

Ok a couple of questions to eliminate some possibilities.

1.) Is the gray wire disconnected (and taped off) while putting in a good #1 board?
          2.) Can you run the sweep thru the SA cam switch?
          3.) Can you run the sweep thru the Sweep run switch (in mechanics control box)?

If 1or 2 is yes that means your F3 and wires are good and the sweep contactor is good.

I would have a good look with a magnifying glass under the chassis. Make sure all your soldier jobs to the pc board receptacles are good. Also inspect the tracers on the circuit board to make sure there are no breaks.

Triac

Comment

Originally posted by WAHSAM:
            I am also still suspicious of the gray T2 lead being off and insulated.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I’ll try to explain this, the best I can, to help relive your suspicions. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

The lamp for instuctomat needs to light to complete the instructomat logic thru the photocell producing input logic 1 to NOR-19 (component of the sweep triac driver circuit). This holds the sweep at zero as NOR-19 needs two inputs logic 0 to run the sweep to 66 until SB NC contacts close.

If the instructomat lamp is not lit, the photo cell has to high of a resistance producing input logic 0 to NOR -19. Now NOR-19 is waiting for the other input logic 0 from the cycle switch(s).

Now how does the lamp light? It has one leg going to ground (thru diode D2). The other leg is going to the grey wire hooked up to T2. This wont light the lamp (yet) as only one leg of the T2 is conducting and the other one is isolated. It still needs the other side of the T2 to go to ground (preferably thru a diode, but not always the case) to light up lamp.

Basically, the lamp cannot light when the common side of the T2 is not grounded since the lamp needs a ground. Or the lamp cannot light if the gray wire is disconnected because it needs this other leg to complete the circuit.

I only recommend taping the gray wire off to prevent it from catching another voltage source that has a ground on the other side. If it hit ground it would do nothing.

Triac

Comment

OK, cool beans. I had heard about the gray wire trick before but never did it or investigated why it works. Good stuff, thanks.

Comment

Batman had said he could run the sweep with the cam. I believed him at the time, but now I am not so sure (he might have meant something else) - because if SA neon is lit all the time, the SA cam can't possibly stop and start the sweep.

Batman, please confirm whether you can stop and start the sweep with the sweep run switch (BE control box) and with the SA cam.

Comment

If SA neon is lit all the time, that should mean that the sweep is running continuously .... unless there is a secondary fault, causing the sweep not to run.

If the first fault is not in the #1 board, then I would expect a short (damn, can't find my wiring diagram right now) in the chassis somewhere around the #1 slot in the motherboard and/or from there to the C2A plug.

The secondary fault might be as simple as a wire (control side) off the sweep contactor.

Ray
                  Ray Jordan
                  Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                  Australia

Comment

hey guys um ok i can run sweep and table from contactors and cams but just cant get it to cycle ive put 5 boards in it and iv put omega board in it iv taken that gray wire off but didnt do anythnig so iv put it bak on should i take it off again? the sa switch was on constintly then i took the cycle switch wire off and the bs light came on and sa switch when off but still no cycle iv tried changing the cycle switch round but it has to be definaitly in chassis because i will put a new chassie on and that lane will go fine, so i dont really no i will try looking with a magnifying glass under the chassis for wat triac has suggested

Comment

Just before this problem occurred, did you or anybody else replace any C2A pins? I am thinking it is possible that two or more C2A pins have been put in the wrong places.

Do you have a C2A tester?

Ray
                      Ray Jordan
                      Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                      Australia

Comment

I'm having difficulty grasping the observation that the SA light was always on and yet the sweep ran when manually activating the SA cam.

This means one of three things: a) the light wasn't actually always on - it was just on when you looked at it and correctly so because of the position of the sweep; b) that isn't the SA light (mislabelled?); or c) that isn't the SA cam (but I hope you know which is which, so I doubt that [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).

I'm guessing for now that it's a).

So, try running the sweep with the sweep run switch (on the back end control box). Does it run? Run it until the sweep gets back to the front and let go. Does the sweep then return to the top?

What "cycle switch wire" did you disconnect? The one on top of the cushion shocky? What did you do with the disconnected wire (could it be touching something else)?

Disconnecting a wire and making the BS light turn on is very strange. Are you sure that's what caused the BS light to turn on? Did you run the table or put a pin in the #9 bin at the same time? BS light only turns on if there's a pin in the #9 bin and the table is not on it's way up (i.e. TA2 must be 'in').

Also, the fact that the machine works with another chassis means the problem is inside the chassis - therefore I suggest you don't alter any wiring outside the chassis (it won't fix the problem, and you risk breaking the machine too).

Are you using 5 boards that came from a working machine (i.e. do you know for sure that these boards are operational)?

Cheers,
                        Andrew.

Comment

I looked through the bottom of chassis, found loose wire on circuit board and fixed that. Still made no difference. Put an Omega tek board in and now it will cycle, but wont drop the pins. I have tried short circuiting the bin (9pin)switch and that does not work. Anymore ideas?

Comment

wow iv swapped my 5 boards over to another chassie and swapped the 1 board over and they worked in another chassie but when i put them bak in so something has happened and all the problem is now is that the bin switch wont activate but have disconected it and just joined wires together and still nothing but i put chassie on nother lane and the problem moves and put another chassie on that lane and works fine

Comment

Just make sure you put the small jumper board in correctly that goes in the 3 board slot. If it's put in backwards, it will not spot new pins.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X