Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAR ROLLER REMOVAL

Have an idea for a possible new part. Just wondering though. How many of you out there can get the rear roller out of the machine by sliding it through the hole in the side of the next machine and then pull it out aftr the bounce plate and carpet are out? Not the old way, by sliding the roller into the hole until the roller shaft comes through the kickback and then pull it through the ball exit and back into the pit to get it out.

AMF DOCTOR
    The doctor makes house calls.
    AMF DOCTOR
    The doctor makes house calls.
    http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Re: REAR ROLLER REMOVAL

this is what i do. i push it through the hole into the adjacent machine and then move the carpet out of the way. pull it back through and pull the shaft end up towards the backend motor. once the whole roller is out of the hole i pull it through to the backend through the pin wheel. i have 8230's so not sure if you can manouvre the roller like this on 70's
    "Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

Comment

It depends on how much room there is under the mach. As we push the roller into the hole, we lift up the carpet slack on the next mach. and slide it through to the floor and then pull it out from under the other mach.. That makes it a one shot deal.
      "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
      Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Originally posted by amfpinboy:
        It depends on how much room there is under the mach. As we push the roller into the hole, we lift up the carpet slack on the next mach. and slide it through to the floor and then pull it out from under the other mach.. That makes it a one shot deal.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is what I do unless the machines aren't square with one another. Then it comes out the ball door.
        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's great but there isn't enough room under our 30's so when it goes through the hole it goes inside the carpet of the next machine. i have the backend running on the next machine to make it easier to push the roller through
          &quot;Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.&quot;

Comment

with the 7o's just like Amfpinboy said. Slide it out the hole under the next machine.
            SGT
            U.S. Army/AVN
            Retired

Comment

Unless its an end machine on the 70s they come right outthrough the next machine.Whats your idea for a new part?

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is what I do except on the end machine since it is almost against the wall.
                Save the environment, eat more beef.
                No more Ethanol, save Beer.

Comment

Have an idea for a possible new part
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do it the old way, not enough room for the ?new? way.
                  What is your idea, is it patent pending??
                  So it goes.

Comment

I also slide it through and out from under the next machine. In Utah, lane 20 was right up agenst the wall, so I had to pull the roller out with the carpet and bounce plate, 30's style. Needless to say, that was the one I hated the most.

Comment

I have no idea what your idea for a new part is??
                      as most posts suggest, either thro adjacent machine, or if end machine remove out thro ball door.
                      let us know what you suggest.
                      maister

Comment

Sliding it it out the adjacent machine is what we do to. Have a machine also beside a wall, and it's way no fun bringing the rear roller out through the ball door by yourself.

I'd rather smear jam on my eye lids and run into a wasps' nest.
                        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...
                        Working...
                        X