Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's or 70xli

Drill, AMF is offering a factory rebuild 8270 with PBL's and new xli kit installed. Is this what you have or does anyone in here have this setup and could I contact you via phone....This is a few of the options we have.

US Bowling Inc. Offers:
    Reconditioned 8290xl's with 2nd generation chassi's
    2 year warranty parts and electronics
    AMF Offers:
    Factory Rebuilt 8270 with PBL's and new XLI kit
    1 year warranty parts and electronics
    Price is about the same on both and perks are about the same also.

Re: 90's or 70xli

CodeRed

That is the setup that drill has. I was there when they were doing the install and AMF did a good job. I think DRill has been happy with his move from what he posted in another post. XLI seems to be the way to go.

Wang

Comment

Yes but AMF matched the 2 years warranty, AMF will give you a phone number where you can talk to the person rebuilding them before the install. You will have one person to call and talk to if you have any problems and the install is a class act.
      I went with the 70 as this machine has proved itself over time and that was the biggest selling point to me.

Drill
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

70 is a better machine. Another house here in town has reconditioned 82-90's, and they have been less than trouble free. I have a pair of xli's. Only minor problems, but overall a solid product. 70's with no chassis or electrical problems is a dream come true.
        My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

I still think the 70 is the best option.
          maister

Comment

We are looking at the same thing. I cannot help but think to get the new chassis and keep what we have. What do you guys think.

I am the reneck still running the relay chassis. They work fine but the owner is talking about an upgrade. From the 70 to the 70xl it seems that the most benifit could come from electrical, so why not just put in new chassis?

Any thoughts?

Comment

i go with you pat
              maister

Comment

Well, looks like we are going with the rebuilt 70's with xli upgrade. We'll get new motors with that deal along with newest xli chassi's. Thanks for the advice drill, there also giving us 2 years along with other perks. We fly down to AMF april to pickum out. Thanks for all the info. guys, was a great help.

Comment

Oh yea, we also took into mind that with the xli chassi we will be able to upgrade our scoring from the as90's to the latest out there at any time. AMF is interfacing our as90s for us also in this deal.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X