Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ring tube

changed one out in my lane 2. all 4 bearings new as well. now its rubbing the plow and mat. i can't find it. any clues? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: ring tube

if all the caraage bolts are tight... you may need to shim the bearings.... just put a couple of washers behind the plate for each bolt on the 2 lower rollers... that will pull the whole elevator away from the plows.

Comment

Bent,
      you might have a warped ring tube. Does it rub all the way around or just in places. I've changed out several ring tubes over the years and for the last 10 or 15 years it's been impossible to get a decent ring from AMF or Vantage. Had to take some of them off, lay them on a known flat surface and beat them with a 9# hammer. You can't get them completely flat but you can use them. You also will have trouble with pin distribution from the pinwheel using these rings. Some rings are also oblong or egg shaped and these are hard to get in round [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]

Before changing a ring out it's always a good policy to check for both of these problems. Save you a lot of headaches. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Is the tube AMF or Vantage?

Comment

Take a look at the 4 supports on the ring tube with a steel ruler.. We had one that for some reason didn't seem to fit right. After some hair-pulling, we found that the angles were too long. I dunno if they were cut wrong or just welded too low on the tube, but it would rub on the plows. We cut and rewelded the angles, and it worked fine.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Im sure you checked,but make sure the plow isnt loose also.just a thought

Comment

I encountered this, had to replace a noisy bearing one day, grabbed one out of the bin, mounted on the plate, tried to install it, turns out it was a bearing for a 30's machine. I'd compare the old bearings with one of the new ones you installed to make sure they are the same.

Comment

Klixon, thats what I was thinking too. The 30s do NOT have a large nut as part of the bearing. If it (they) were placed on top, that would push the bottom of the wheel foward into the plow(s).
                Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

thanks everyone for the replies! i ended having to shim the lower bearings out. not 30's bearings, plows nice and tight, and it was an AMF tube. kingram... no doubt the tube is slightly bent, they always are i do agree. and gman... 5 of the 7 angles were ok but 2 didn't line up too well. i just egged the holes a bit and tightend the pizz out of the carriage bolts. first 3 tubes i've had to change never had really any problems. just thought i'd check in with the pros! Thanks all!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                  Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Kingram,

You said that you have had trouble with AMF's and Vantage's rings, which ones do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by toon30s:
                      The 30s do NOT have a large nut as part of the bearing.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It Never occured to me that 30 &amp; 70 Bearings might be different. Can you be more specific (maybe even Pics) of 30 vs 70 rollers, or is the difference so obvious I would notice?

Comment

The 70 bearing has about 1/2" sholder on the bearing shaft. The 30 uses a 1/8" washer for the standoff from the mounting bracket.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Charley Farley:
                            Kingram,

You said that you have had trouble with AMF's and Vantage's rings, which ones do you use?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">With the 30's tube..

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X