Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB 3 BREAKER

Popping cb3 breaker on chassis nonstop on lane 17. Spent the night tracing the circuit. Got continuity from c2a plugs all the way back to back end control panel sweep switch and back. Low voltage fault somewhere, cooking breaker maybe with 110v. Suggestions? Tried several diff chassis. Tried different table and sweep switches. Blew out wireway. Checked machine side pins. Lost at the moment.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Re: CB 3 BREAKER

Had the same problem once. It was a combination of a small nut in the channel under the chassis that made contact with two sockets, and a wire that had a piece of isolotion riped off, just at the junction of two parts of the channel to the back end control box.

Comment

Since you have determined this to be in the pinsetter, does this lane have AccuScore+? If it does, there's a white lead in the 7035 cable that piggy-backs into J10 which picks up 24V from the Sweep/Table toggle switch in the BE control box; of course the S&T switches get it's power from the T1 secondary side that is protected by CB-3.
      Does the CB pop with the S&T switches in the OFF position?
      Does the CB pop when the white lead of the 7035 cable is removed from the S&T switch power source?

If it only pops when the 7035 cable is attached, I'd check for a smashed cable which could be shorting the 24V.
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Kat's test with the swicthes off is a good idea.

With the sweep and table switches off, and the machine off with C plugs out, check for ground on C2A-11. It should not be grounded. Now turn on sweep and table switches one by one to detect short to ground in those circuits.

Another possibility is the BE relay circuit, which also runs off the same circuit in most chassis (some chassis have it in the M circuit). So try the test above also with the pit switch off and then on, except using C2A-313.

Cheers,
        Andrew.

Comment

All excellent advice, providing you know the problem is on the machine side. The only thing I can add is that if you have an automatic OOR device getting its power from the table or sweep switch, this too could cause your problem if the device is shorted to ground.

If such a device is present, you might want to disconnect it from the switch it’s getting its power from.

Triac

Comment

Kat, you're right! I found the problem last night and it ended up being, i suppose, the magic score equivalent of the '7035' cable; one red wire on table switch that i traced to this old box with 2 relays in it. luckily we have steltronic now and i just pulled those wires off and taped em up. problem solved. Thanks everyone for the help!

Comment

Danny

Give that man a raise. He's doing his work & yours too!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Way to go, Kat! Nice catch.

Comment

Glad it worked, thanks for letting us know.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
                    Danny

Give that man a raise. He's doing his work & yours too!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He has been doing it for years. He is my Will Riker. (minus any sexual overtones or weird beard- trimming rituals)
                    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

nor the goofy spandex suit.

Comment

Hold your tongue, scoundrel! The starfleet uniform is smashing and you know it. As penance for your mockery of such fine garb, you are required to outfit yourself in a starfleet uniform for work on monday.

Don't forget the little chest communicators. And phasers. Bring those too.

Comment

Are you kidding? Those outfits are so tight you can tell what religion they are! It always wierded me out right from the start.

Comment

Even on the lovely and talented Deanna Troi? Bethink you. Half-Betazoid cleavage was born to nestle in starfleet uniforms.

But i hear you. Worf and his package need not be encased in those spandex-like pantaloons.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X