Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spotting

This is a "nutcase"
    I have been serving these machines for 30 years now,but this prob. goes on my nerves soon!!

1.82-70 with MP chassis and Accuscore pluss

2. Works fine on first ball

3. second ball, sweep goes down and stops at 185ºand then nothing happens.

4. I`ve changed all six mirosw, Binsw ,binsw cable,cable to c2a, CB sw.Checked motor plug ,spot solenoid, spot relay.same prob.

5. If I push the table motor button on MP Chassis the table spots pins but sweep is still standing.

Has anyone had this prob?? please help me! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Eirik
    sometimes 30 lanes are too many

Re: No spotting

Do you have a gripper protect switch?
    If you do good chance of a gimmpy switch or just out of Adj.
    fatty

Comment

Check the off spot switch and cable. If the switch goes bad or cable shorts out they can cause strange things to happen.

Comment

On that same note don't forget about the wire ways. The GPS switch are the two yellow wires going to the posts marked SW located between the sweep and table capacitors.
        fatty

Comment

I've had the master circuit breaker on the back panel cause something similar to this.open the panel and try jumping across the two bottom legs C&D and see what happens.I don't recall the sweep stopping as you described,but it has caused the machine to not spot pins.
          People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Thank You for good sugestions, but no go!

We have no GS wires and I`ve checked TAC board as well.

Any more sugestions ?

Eirik

Comment

Sorry !

I have changed off-spot sw and I have Jumped C and D on CB sw as well!

Thanks again

Eirik

Comment

Hi!

I found a komplete C1 wire and changed it! no go.

Qubica AMF in Sweeden has no further help to give, so if anyone has an idea , please let me know!

Eirik

Comment

What do you mean with position 185 degrees?
                  Is this the position on the 7-8-9-10 row?

Comment

If it is at 185 degrees, it would be right at the end of the high dwell of SB.
                    I know you changed your cam switches, but I am highly suspicious of SB, SC & TA2.
                    Not necessarily the switches, but also the cables and their termination on the TS.
                    This is assuming the problem stays with the machine and not the chassis, of course.

Comment

I`m sorry 185 degrees is probably wrong it should be 270 I think.Anyway its the last position before it spots pins.

thanks for answering

Eirik

Comment

Ah. Well in that case, you may not have a capacitor installed on the BS circuit.
                        50VDC 100μF. Install across TS-32 to TS-34.

Some MP chassis machines need them, some don't.
                        Some will go years without needing it, then suddenly they do. I don't know why, but I do know that's how to fix it.

If you look at the 5500 drawing, you see it there.

Comment

The assumption appears to be the machine and not the chassis. I'll continue along on that line (but if you haven't tried other chassis, please let us know).

You have stated that the table will run and it will spot pins. This eliminates the table motor, spot solenoid, spot relay and related wiring.

So, apart from the chassis itself (which I've assumed has been swapped and is okay), that leaves the inputs required for table spotting: SB, BS.

First ball works, so SB must be okay (sweep stops at 66 correctly).

The BS input circuit runs through TA2 to get its ground.

With the power off, check that there's continuity to ground at TS32 with the table at zero (355). If you don't get ground, check your TA2 microswitch and particularly the wires to TS32, TS15.

Then check continuity across from TS34 to ground. It should show continuity when the BS is closed (and the table is at zero). If there is a capacitor on TS-32/34, the continuity tester may show continuity for a while and stop. This means you aren't actually getting continuity, but just charging the capacitor - if the BS is working, it should show continuity continuously. If you don't get continuity, check wires from TS-32 and TS34 to bin switch.

Both tests must work for BS input to work.

If these tests work, but problem remains, then check wires from TS-34 to C2A-112.

Cheers,
                          Andrew.

Comment

change your sweep motor

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X