X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag clutch for a 70

I think it would be great to try.

Operate it off the bin switch.

The wheel would start as soon as the shuttle released the pins.

When the BS closes the clutch would disengage.

No more double shuttles or pileups due to double stacking.

The worst thing that would happen coule be 11 or 12 pins delivered which should not cause a stop.

It would be faster than a 30 because the BS would call for pins quicker than a 30.

Re: Mag clutch for a 70

Well, the only problem I could see is the machine would be waiting for pins, if you have alot of people striking...

The center I am doing some work for is in the process of slowing the pinwheels down. Which is actually getting rid af alot of pileups...but they have no double shuttles here...

I dunno, I think I would have to see it in motion. After all I am someone that said I was always going to work on Brunswick equipment...now I've been on 70's for almost 2 years. I was missing out on alot.

Comment

It would slow down game play too much.

Comment

When our 70's were installed about 5 years ago we had alot of double shuttels, what we did was to move the bins so when the table is at its highest point of travel the back row spot cups are no more than 1/16th" away from the bottom of the bin rubber nubs or even just touching. Also slowing down the pinwheel helps alot because the distributor will have time to get to the next slot before the pin gets to the trip arm.
        It's so quiet here you can hear a pin drop!

Comment

Good idea Jerry. First would the voltage applied to the bin switch operate a mag clutch? Secondly, you would have the same operation as a 30; pinfeed after spotting. Or am I missing something here? I'm assuming the BS will act as the pin counter on a 30.

Comment

Jerry, to speed up pinfeed, how about engaging the clutch when the second ball hits the cushion. This would allow more time for pins to travel up and out to the bin without being stacked.

Comment

I think it's an excellent idea.

Comment

I would use the BS switch to turn the pinfeed on and off. I would use voltage from some other source.

This is just my opinion.

I am not an electrical guru.

Brunswick mag clutches are only $165.

I am told the the jackshaft is 1" rather than 3/4".

How would you use a sleeve to make the clutch fit snug?

Is there a pre made sleeve to change the bore on the mag clutch from 1" to 3/4".

Comment

Jerry I think that the spot relay could be used that way when the machine gets its signal to spot pins it would kick in. Or maybe the cams out front could control the magnet on the pully. I don't no but if it could be done and prevent calls I'm all for it. Just keep in mined that the 70/90 were desighned to pick up the pace. I my self would'nt mind a few extra minutes of play as long as I did'nt have any problems.
                  They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
                    I would use the BS switch to turn the pinfeed on and off. I would use voltage from some other source.

This is just my opinion.

I am not an electrical guru.

Brunswick mag clutches are only $165.

I am told the the jackshaft is 1" rather than 3/4".

How would you use a sleeve to make the clutch fit snug?

Is there a pre made sleeve to change the bore on the mag clutch from 1" to 3/4".
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jerry couldn't you just use a mag clutch designed for the 30s? I dunno much about the 30s, but don't they have the same bore size as a 70s BE motor?

Microswitch: Use a double pole version. One side for normal BS circuit operation. The other side used to control a 24V relay coil which would handle the load voltage for the Magnetic Clutch. Add said relay (ice cube works best here), into BE control box with line and load voltages coming from the base socket running up to front wireway. Tap into main pinsetter buss power. Be sure to fuse or CB the clutch load though.
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

The 30 mag clutch is $450.

Comment

I Believe it would be defeating the purpose, After all the 70's were designed to have a continuous pin feed so it would speed up the bowlers.

I think you would be slowing the machine down.

Comment

<a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=" target="_blank">http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&amp;ItemId=161157750 3&amp;ccitem=</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

This will allow me to use a masher mag clutch on a 30 or a 70.

Giddy up.

Comment

haven't you forgot something? what about the pinwheel? stop the dist. and PLOP!..PLOP!..PLOP!...... you'd just be creating a perfect pileup situation once every single frame.

Comment

ok now that i reread your post, i c what you're talkin about. sounds cool. but it does sound slower.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X