Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset button and "idiot" bowlers

I hate rock and bowl for this reason. I get a call for waiting pins, and after I get the lane to rack, immediately the machine cycles. It seems that these people think that the "reset" button will magically bring them pins when they've been waiting for some time. And, of course that dumb switch is always "live". I've suggested to house management that we disconnect all the switches to save machine cycles, but they shoot back with "this will mess up the bowlers". All the knowledgeable bowlers know that hitting reset when they are waiting for pins does nothing, and most know how to reset from the scoring console. I have our head mech. trying to talk our regional head mech. into having the switches disconnected. What do you all think?

Re: Reset button and "idiot" bowlers

All my power lift "RESET" switches have been disabled years ago. We did this when we were having dozens of problems with the pissy membranes failing on the Options Series...causing continuous cycles, no cycle when pushed, etc. Besides, with triggering and auto-scoring, we have no use for them anymore.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Worked on some 30's once that had a switch added on top of the J box that cut the 10th frame switch out. No problem to go down the back and flip all the switches when the monkies were bowling.

Comment

Your right Kat,
        We did the same thing on our 90's. It also scores when you cycle with the 10th frame switch. This created a problem with our seniors. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img] They could press the button but you needed 3 guys running around fixing the scores. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

With 70's and an XL upgrade, you'd have to hook switches into the lane cable plugged into the front end box.
          Or you could get fancy and power a double pole relay (N.C. contacts) so that when you turned it on, both lanes resets would be disabled.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

disconnect or change switch to a tumbler one and hide it inside the hood.Then they can press all day without the grief they give. Also you can then activate it, if you need to, for test purposes.As Kingram says some scoring syatems are affected and others, although not scoring , put the machine out of sync. with the scoring.
            maister

Comment

Disconnected all mine a couple years ago. You have to cycle from the scoring system. Too many kids pushing the button when thier friends bowl so they can laugh when the sweep gets hit.
              SGT
              U.S. Army/AVN
              Retired

Comment

Amen to that, sweep saver indeed!!!!

When the C90's were installed several years ago the reset buttons were never connected up for this reason. Either reception or the console for reset only now.
                If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

My first suggestion would to loose the "waiting pins" call....lol dont think anyone outside your company has ever heard that.... The machine has all the pins there, its not waiting for anything.....lol (that call always bugged me for some reason)

Not sure you are going to win that battle. Briggsey is pretty set in his 'it was designed like this, it needs to be like this' ways. It was like pulling teeth to get any mod aproval there.

Posternak is just as stubborn, and bows to Briggseys 'ultimate knowledge' so...best of luck to ya....lol

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:

Not sure you are going to win that battle. Briggsey is pretty set in his 'it was designed like this, it needs to be like this' ways. It was like pulling teeth to get any mod aproval there.

Posternak is just as stubborn, and bows to Briggseys 'ultimate knowledge' so...best of luck to ya....lol [/QB]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well Paul,
                    Im going to have to disagree with you on this one.Ive worked with Briggsy for 3 years now and weve done many mods and Ive never had a problem pitching ideas at him especially when it would help in cutting down calls.sounds like your harboring a lot of resentment its time to get over it.The ultimate knowledge comment was a slam that was totally unneccesary.I never once heard any of them say a bad word about you however you may have just changed that.

Comment

well, thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

BTW...... It was a joke.... I also ribed Dave, and we are good friends....

A am thinking someone needs to calm down when they dont know the whole story, but that is just my opinion. (the ultimate knowledge comment is how Dave looks at Briggs, not how Briggs thinks of himself.....)

Comment

Originally posted by Satanic Mechanic:
                        I get a call for waiting pins, and after I get the lane rack, immediately the machine cycles.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hang on a tick. Could somebody explain this to me? I don't get it.
                        Thanks.

Comment

I sympathize with you Satanic Mechanic.

We run Pro-file returns and replaced out the switches with single pole switches. Unfortunately we don't have, and aren't likely to, upgrade with trigger systems to get rid of the blasted tenth frame button.
                          We don't even have a computer system at present and machines have been running on stand-alone for almost two years now. If we were to purchase Boss or Quibica we could again eliminate the dreaded tenth frame buttons. But this isn't likely to happen soon, if ever!
                          So, I’m left with no option but to run them. Have tried to shim out the S/S to make it ultra sensitive, but we run expander cards and get quite a few lanes which will just refuse, on occasion, to do a strike cycle, so again up against another obstacle!

I hate the damage they cause not only to sweep, but gearbox, and linkages, when mis-used. This happens ALOT! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]

Good luck in removing yours. Persevere.
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Originally posted by WAHSAM:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Satanic Mechanic:
                            I get a call for waiting pins, and after I get the lane rack, immediately the machine cycles.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hang on a tick. Could somebody explain this to me? I don't get it.
                            Thanks.
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry..."Waiting pins" actually means "Waiting for pins"...either the 9 pin is missing from the bin, there's a pile up on the machine, or it's out of sequence. I also should have said "After II get the lane to rack (spot pins)..."

Comment

Ah, so...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X