Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Lift Belt?

Belt #000-002-450...a center installed 3 of these belts, about 2 weeks ago, and they seem to be falling apart. The 3 pairs of lanes they are on, have to be cleaned by hand daily, to get all of the rubber off. Anyone else have this issue? The belts are getting "grooves" in them.

Re: Bad Lift Belt?

what color ar they?? I have not heard of this, but I would suggest going with the EBN ot the Stahls belt.... they seem to be the same, and both are superrior to anythig I have used do far....

Comment

The belts in question are black, and the inside portion that runs on the pulleys is white/almond

Comment

Just out of curiousity, someone didn't install a wide belt on a narrow pulley....or versa vica?
        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

nope...they have the sheave guage...and the belts are correct...

Comment

Who sold you the belt. AMF, Vantage? You should probably notify the distributor so they can rectify this problem if in fact they are at fault. Good luck.

Comment

Excess rubber;
              Getting grooves in them;
              These "450" belts are slightly thicker than some other belts.Is there the possibility that the rubber stops that adjust the height of the ball lift may be loose/ too low allowing belt to grind away on filler plates of ball exits?

FATTY
              fatty

Comment

nope...not rubbing on anything and the lifts are pretty high up already...

Comment

Do they look shiny?? If they are what I think they are.... (manufacturer remains unnamed for liability reasons) I have never been a fan.... Serious.... go for the EBN or Stahls.

Comment

What are you useing to clean the belts?
                    SGT
                    U.S. Army/AVN
                    Retired

Comment

I had the same problem with the "shiny" belt [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
                      I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

Well, they started getting shiny a few days ago...then they started falling apart. "Unless" someone does it and the management isn't aware of it, noone has been cleaning belts. I tell everyone just to wipe with a dry rag at least 2 times during each league. I'm just working with this center helping them get things turned around. They are actually being credit the full price on the 3 belts, as well as getting 3 new of a different type for free. I dunno what kind, but I'm gonna check before they go on the lifts.

Comment

Ding Ding Ding...LaRue had it part right...I confronted each mechanic at this center, and it turns out, one of them was using their "Fizzion" mixture, to clean the belts. The other part, which the Head Tech at that center said he had already looked at, was the door rings...all 3 pairs were missing a few screws & nuts, and they had shift up towards the belts. I'm glad I looked before I installed the new belts today for them.

Comment

Glad I could help. Had the problem here when I first took over. They were using an industrial degreaser. Made the belts real gummy.
                            SGT
                            U.S. Army/AVN
                            Retired

Comment

So is it bad to use the fizzion on the belts? It was suggested to me by at this time I don't know who, to use the lane stripper on the belts and kickers once a month or so. Is this not the case? And if not, what should I be using?

Thanks

Tony
                              Tony & Mickie Haney
                              Tiger Bowl
                              Tekamah NE
                              (402) 374-2383

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X