Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball return motor

any one ever have a problem when the ball return motor was spinning the wrong way. any help with out haven to buy a new one. thanks.

Re: ball return motor

Switch the 2 wires on the terminal board in the stator that are not connected to the motor plug.

Comment

Do you mean the back end motor or the ball return on the approach?

Comment

at the approach......

Comment

what are the wires connected to....

Comment

Take off the inspection plate.

The white, black, and green wires are coming off the plug.

There should be two other wires.....maybe blue and red......switch those.

Comment

Did this just start happening? If so….

Let me guess…These are Franklin motors or Vantage C-90 clones. They have been known to start backwards due to a bad centrifugal mechanism/switch. These motors are not equipped with a capacitor which gives the motor an extra boost in the correct direction.

If your motor does have a capacitor, then the capacitor or centrifugal is defective.

Triac

Comment

no there is no capacitor. it is the third one to go but never though much of the first two as they were under warranty.

Comment

thanks king i may have o look in the morning.

Comment

Elliot,

If the motor was working fine and just started doing this, your wiring is correct. Most likely the problem is the centrifugal mechanism or centrifugal switch is defective.

Triac

Comment

I agree with Triac... had this happen before as well, but mine were always in the caps... SInce you say there are none, I would check as Traic suggested.....

Unless of course it is a newly instaled motor, them most likly King has it....

Comment

Triac has hit the nail on the head!
                        We have this same problem,was`nt a problem up untill the warranty ran out!
                        I tried unsuccessfully to get the problem motors to start the right way with the conventional cent switch and cent mech.
                        I now fit solid start switches to the faulty motors with no more problems!
                        If you want some more details on where to purchase the switches etc please send me a private msg,Elliot.

Comment

As Triac said, the centri-mech is likely faulty. Happens on our s/pik motors too.

Although I'm suprised they'd fail not long after warranty period (assuming a period of a couple of years or less).

Maybe they are just getting really dusty/dirty. We vac in/under/around our ball returns regularly (inluding around the motor, which tends to fill up with fluff and dust).

Instead of replacing the centri-mech, you might be able to service it (just like a BE or Combo motor). Clean it out (blowing it out carefully with an air nozzle works well) and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser. If they are really burnt, then you may have to burnish them with a file (a very very fine file - and very lightly).

Andrew.

Comment

thanks lads i will have a look. dose any one know off hand how much a new motor might cost.

Comment

let me explain just how the mtr. runs backwards.It is a faulty start circuit in the mtr.The mtr. will run ether way you start it turning when the start winding don't energize.If the mtr. is not over loaded and a ball hits the bottom pulley, it pushes the pulley backwards thus starting the unit turning the wrong way.I know the bottom pulley has a one-way clutch in it,but with the unit not turning it works just the oppisite.
                              People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X