Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table problems

one of ourlanes on the first ball cycle picks up the pins sweeps the deck goes to put the pins down but it pick's them up again [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]
    and it does thsi all the time
    but when i run the machine from the back it does release the pins

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] WHAT DO I DO???

Re: table problems

Are the respot fingers letting go of the pins? Sounds like a sticky respot cell or linkage to me.
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Is the instructomat switch on at the front desk? We have a few machine that flake out when you try to run scoring with the switch on up front.
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

You could have your pawl adjusted to close to your shifter link.
        Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

I would look at your RSC Links, and make sure they are on "properly". (Small portion on the RSC, & Large portion on your wireways) This is so your plastic clips on the RSC's are not hitting the Links. This just happened to one of my customers, he put all of the links on backwards...caused big headaches for a day or two. But, his was the same problem, only happened when someone was bowling on it, not when he was cycling it from the chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Table Head:
            Are the respot fingers letting go of the pins? Sounds like a sticky respot cell or linkage to me.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">kind of thay open and as the table goes back up thay close so the pins go back up again

Comment

There are a lot of things that could cause your problems. How familiar are you with doing a full RSC adjustment?

The first two areas I would look at are the pawl adjustment and the stop bolt adjustment on the shifter cam link.

Many times, mechanics will back the stop bolt out to far to insure that the RSC’s close far enough. The problem with this is that the RSC’s will snap when opening and this is not good. Try pushing up and down on the shifter cam and see if you feel a slight snap when opening. If so turn stop bolt down until this becomes smooth.

Another troubleshooting process for finding a bind is to slow things down by hand cranking the table and look what is going on when problem occurs.

Triac

Comment

What triac said, plus make sure the nylon sliders are on the 7,8,9,10 fingers. If one of the rear pins gets knocked back and dangles off the rear of the deck, the fingers will not open back up.

Comment

Does the table make a second revolution, and re pick up the pins, or are the respots not letting go? If the table is making a seond pickup, the cams are out of adj. If the table is not releasing the pins, the paw is out of adjustment or there is a bind in the table elsewhere. Maybe a bent pivot stud.

Comment

I'm guessing it's the pawl adjustment.

But if this just started happening then the pawl may not be the problem. Unless the table came loose from the table support legs, or the respot rod jam nuts are loose and the rod is turning on it's own.

Look at all the pivot pins for the levers and respot cells. Replace any bent pins.

When the respot cells are open, do the open all the way or are they partly closed?

You can also disconnect all the linkages and open and close each individual cell. This may show you what cell is bad. This is a good time to check all links for binds.

Mike
                    Mike

Comment

If you have 1 cell (or more) that the gap is too narrow it can also cause all cells to stay closed. (same reason a pin hanging off the back of the deck would) Puts too much pressure on the cell.

Comment

Originally posted by xecutiverwr:
                        Does the table make a second revolution, and re pick up the pins, or are the respots not letting go? If the table is making a seond pickup, the cams are out of adj. If the table is not releasing the pins, the paw is out of adjustment or there is a bind in the table elsewhere. Maybe a bent pivot stud.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well at the end of the 1st ball cycle the table comes down the cells let go of the pins the table starts to go up the the cells colos again taking the pins with it

Comment

Did you check the springs for the respot lever on the front of the machine. One of them may have broke.

Mike
                          Mike

Comment

Make sure the respot lever is not worn out up where is pivots on the machine (Up be the table motor.)They can get worn out and also bend the bolt that holds it in place. I replace the inner tube and also the sleave bearings (bronze color).I would check all that has been said and then start replacing parts that I described.
                            There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

ok thank you evey 1 ill get the hed macanic to try some of them things
                              (but im having a go first) lol [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X