Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table break

Last night I had a table break. I have been wrenching at small centers for a long time and never seen this. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] How often has this happened to you.

It was kind of fun taking it off an all. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Table break

18 years and have never seen an actual table break. Many yokes. A few drive shafts (drops table to the deck like a sack of spuds) even had 2 table motor roters snap. But have never seen a table its self break.

Comment

Is this a april fools joke?

Seen a few "X" frames, But never the table.

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] never, nope, notta.
        Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

I hope it wasn't the extenion piece were the shifter cam and the spot ,respot rods ties in. Never seen one break , but I was warned in my early days that it could happen. Bill Deakons an AMF ser. man back in the 70's told me of that. Said what ever you do DON'T tighten the shifter cam rod down so tight that theres is no clearence.He said thats how they break. That was table adj.101 for me.
          People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Please enlighten us as to where your table broke and what caused it. should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TA2:
              ... Said what ever you do DON'T tighten the shifter cam rod down so tight that theres is no clearence.He said thats how they break. ....
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I really can't fathom a table casting breaking as a result of the shifter link rod or the spot or r/s rods being out of adjustment. They are spring loaded - they can't get jammed up. At worst, you get a shifter link rod bent (even then, that's a pretty tough rod which will only push the spot or r/s rod off the cam).

I concur with Brianlah - tell us where it broke (precisely) - it's intrigueing!

Comment

I guess I should clarify on what Bill was trying to instill in me.He said he had seen nimrods tighten down on the tie rod,Pt#070002594 Well not tighten but lengthen it to the point where It caused that part of the table casting to snap off. I don't think now days with scoring and the table not having to feel for pins on a strike that adj. is as crucial as in the old days.It was 30yrs. ago I was instructed on that issue. It just stuck with me.Mr. Deakons has long since passed. **** I guess I'm from the old school now.Graduated from pinspotter training school in 1977, Sheby ,OH. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

SHELBY-1978.Old school here also but never heard of a table breaking.That was 30s school for me then.

Comment

TA2.I graduated a year after you.

Did you have Mel and Larry as teachers?

Comment

It broke between the 6 an ten pin respot cells. I have no idea how this happened.

Old cast I guess. I dropped it off today and that was after I cleaned it. Man it looks better I cannot wait to put it back on.

Comment

Did you have Mel and Larry as teachers?

10-4, old mono-tone mel,I remember him well.I do think the other guy was Larry,is he the one that covered the electrical?? They were funny trying to tech PLB adjustments because they didn't know nothing about them.Lets have a toast to the "old School". [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]

Comment

SHELBY-1978.Old school here also but never heard of a table breaking.That was 30s school for me then.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Bill Deakons was on the installation and was ringing out tables when he pointed out that ya don't want this(pointing to the casting extension)to break off.He said don't monkey with this rod until after you've been to school. I guess he put the fear of God in me so I wouldn't mess with the tie rod.You're right , nobody at Shelby said anything about it.And I have seen 30's tables break.I spent 4 seasons on those *&amp;%$#@things.When we got 70's, we thought we died and went to Heaven..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't say I've ever seen a table casting break either. Have seen the yokes crack but never the actual casting. At least you were able to get it fixed rather quickly.
                            Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Hi Guys

I have 6 or 8 broken table castings pretty much in the 3 6 10 rsc area. I got tired of taking these things out and hauling to the welders. I take two pieces of metal stock that holds the rubber block on the hanger weldment and drill two holes through table and bolt one of these things on each side of the crack in the table. Seems to work well.

Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X