Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Me(chanic) turns table jam...

...into table and arm jam.

Details later. I got a big bad boo boo on my left arm. At least it took me over 2 years to finally get a big one. LOL

Re: Stupid Me(chanic) turns table jam...

hmmmmm..... did someone forget about those nifty little switches in the control box???
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by bent wrench:
      hmmmmm..... did someone forget about those nifty little switches in the control box???
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He doesnt have those nifty switches anymore they upraded to xl's.Hope your ok Skip,Id hate to see Robby have to work a Friday night LOL.

Comment

Yeah, I'm OK. Those chassis (plural) need buttons on each side. That lane was giving me trouble all night, and I was trying to expedite matters. That won't happen again. Pic to follow. Of course, it was the one time the bowlers on that lane didn't hit the reset button while waiting for pins. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Edited to add: No, I couldn't trip the bin switch to make the machine spot either, I had run the sweep to clear the dead wood on the deck and the sweep and table were both at zero. I was begging for a bowler to hit the reset button.

Comment

gripper switch?
          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Originally posted by felix:
            gripper switch?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's that? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

After my last edit, I was thinking, and the only thing I could have done for myself was to grab a pin out of a bin and throw it up the lane and trip the trigger.

Comment

Felix, Gripper switches are way before Skips wrenching days....lol

Comment

I'm not familier with the xl chassis. Why couldn't you cycle the machine with out tripping the ball trigger?
                Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

sounds to me like he got his arm stuck inbetween the table and the shuttle. The buttons ont he XL chassis (at least the XLI.... as I recall, XL is similar) are membrane buttons. As they are all on the front of the chassis (replaces the rear control box) If he could reach them, it would be hard to decide which button was which from the pit area, assuming he couldent see the display. I am going to guess that he got stuck fromt he cat walk area. If so, he probably could not even reach the buttons at all....

Skip.... let me know how close I was?? aslo,,, what lane was it?

with this iformation, i wont need a pic... I can see it in my mind....lol

Comment

Correct, Paul, and actually, if I was on the catwalk, I would have been fine. My arm was caught between the top of 8-pin cup - left side, looking at it from my perspective (which was cocked part way up into a spotting position...maybe like 1/2 way), and the shuttle. and it was lane 22. The issue was the indexing trip rod on the dist kept hanging up. Once I got my arm out, I sprayed the hell out of it (edit to add: the dist., not my arm, LOL), and of course, no more troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Satanic Mechanic:
                      Once I got my arm out, I sprayed the hell out of it (edit to add: the dist., not my arm, LOL), and of course, no more troubles.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                      Or is that the wrong idea? I don't understand how your arm gets stuck between the 8 cup and shuttle while you're taking care of a distributor problem. Or was it while you were clearing a pin from the table? If so, why weren't the motors unplugged? It doesn't matter what kind of chassis is on the machine, you need the motor unplugged in order to crank it. And who makes this magic spray? Is it where they keep that big red "easy" button? I gotta get me some of those.
                      Glad you made it out OK, hope you know how to prevent it from happening again. While you're at it, maybe you can prevent some of your Rock-n-Bowl "idiot" bowlers from having any reason to press the 10th frame switch.

Comment

The dist. not advancing properly was causing big pileups and pins were falling through into the table. (I did say "table jam" after all) This is a common problem at our center. All too common. Next time, I'm taking my time no matter how many calls I've had on any lane any night. I'm usually a bit more careful, but not this time.

Comment

OK, I understand but I still want some of that spray!

Comment

sorry, didnt know you had xl's. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
                            Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by WAHSAM:
                              OK, I understand but I still want some of that spray!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL I'll get the name Friday. Some ZEP product. The dist trip rod never stuck the rest of the night after I sprayed it. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]

Quote: "sorry, didnt know you had xl's."

's OK. I really do miss my table switch, though. Pic to follow.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X