Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 has side to side wobble

16 lane center, when someone throws a ball on 1, as 8 is setting pins, the will fall over from the vibration...how can I take care of this. one center I used to be at had a stabalizing bar at the front, but this center doesn't have them...could that be the cause of the pins falling over.

Re: 90 has side to side wobble

I have seen clamps that lock the machines together.

They were located at the front frame up top.

They were U shaped.

I believe Stahl's also sells them.

Comment

Possible, but I doubt it. Our machines don’t have stabilizers and we don’t have this problem, but we do have wobbly machines.

You have to ask yourself…why the pins are not falling on 2-7 when a ball is thrown on 1.

You might need to flag the table and do a full table adjustment. Also, you might have a gummy rod end or table drive that causes inconsistency in full table movement. To check…Lower table in spotting as low as possible (180). Then push on table…if table goes down some more and stays, something is dry or binding.

Triac

Comment

I find that impossible for lane 1 to affect lane 8 like that.

Comment

Totally agreed Alan. I would think it would affect the other lanes between 1 and 8 as well.

Wang

Comment

Well, it does affect every lane...I just used that as an example. As another example, since this is the biggest problem, when this particular center has a full house, pins are wobbling and falling over during the spot cycle from start to finish. But, let's say lanes 1 and 16 are the only ones on...no pins fall...but turn on a few more in between 1 and 16, and pins will start to fall. Another example, if I stand with one foot on each platform of lane 1, and shift my weight side to side, I can look down at the ball lifts as far as 11 & 12, and see it moving also. Oh yeah...I am only 130 lbs...

Triac...on a side note, I tried to "flag" 2 different tables in hopes of getting all of the pins on spot, and thinking it might help the falling pin issue, but it did no good. In fact the center has more table issues with the "proper" adjustments where they need to be. That is why I am something like #6 or #7...of the Service Techs they have called. 4 of the other techs are still currently head techs with AMF and have been on the job for over 15 years, and couldn't do anything to help some of the problems this center is facing, and has had since the begining. I'll put it like this, the pinspotters were purchased from the proper company, but from there, everything went down hill, install and all. The center has only been open for a year and a half. Front ends need to moved, some back, some forward...a couple of machines as much as 1&1/2 inches. During the Grand Opening "First Day", over 1/2 the house had to be shut down because so much went wrong. Even though the owner forked over the money recently for the XLI upgrades, to help with all of the chassis issues, he is almost to the point of just purchasing 16 brand new machines. I would hate to see that happen, after all of the money (parts, payroll, contract labor) he has put into the machines. I just don't want to end up like the other 6 or 7 service techs, that have helped them, I want to succeed.

Comment

If there are so many issues with these machines, I would say just spot the pins on the lane where the don't fall, no matter if they are on the actual pinspots or not. Just make sure they are all correctly spaced so the autoscoring works properly if they have it. After all the machines spot pins as they should , then figure out what the next step is to get the pins where they really should be and not falling. The absolute most important thing is to keep the customers bowling. Address the issues of machine compliance when all 16 are at the very least doing their basic functions correctly and consistently.

Just because there has been 4 other current head mechanics trying to solve these problems, doesn't necessarily mean they know everything they should know.

It sounds from your description that the machines need to be "re-installed". The fact that pins fall at certain times is just a coincidence. My guess is most machines in the field don't have any form of extra stabilization on them to prevent the vibration or "swaying" that you speak of. If a machine can do that to another machine 8 lanes away, it would be happening to most centers. I have in the past, stood on top of my machines and shook them side to side ( because at one point, I too thought about adding stabilization ) and no pins fell, even on the lanes I was actually standing on, much less 8 lanes away.

I'm far away from Michigan, so these are just my opinions on this issue.

Buy some extra hand cleaner because it sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you...good luck !

Comment

Michigan 82- I too had the same problems that you speak of when I first came to the center that I am at. I found that all of the machines had differant problems ranging from bad table adj. to machines that where out of wack. My suggestion would be to get them spotting and respotting like Allen has said. There could be things like the pindecks, condition of the pins, broken pincups. These are just some of the wonderful things I ran into at my center. There was a lot of neglect. I sounds like you guys are a brand new center, so I don't think you will run into as many problems as I have spoken of. Just relax and watch the machines as they run. You will start to notice when the machine does the specific problem.

Cheers and good luck!
                There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

I agree with Alan, sounds as if you had a bad install. I too can jiggle my machines and they won’t drop pins no matter how hard I jiggle.

I’m guessing that some of the pindecks may be too high in the rear, making spotting very temperamental as the toe in must be increased to compensate for smooth spotting. On the worst machines try leveling the pindeck and then do a full table adjustment.

Triac

Comment

Almost sounds like the tables are not going low enough to let the cups clear the base of the pins
                    It's so quiet here you can hear a pin drop!

Comment

Starting tonight at closing, We are going to start moving machines front to back...hopefully once we get them where they need to be, I can make all of the table adjustments and not have the machine go crazy on me like the last 2 at that center...

Comment

I think you are correct in going back to checking the install totally.Are the end kickbacks brased to the floor. Check each machine position on the kickback and the height from the pindeck. There are people out there who just adjust the clevis to get the table to stop but the machine itself is set at the wrong height.You can use some threader bar and join all the pinspotters together at the common kickbacks. This we used to do years ago and this stabilisies the front ends. There are holes already drilled in the frame that line up pretty well.
                        let us know how you get on.
                        good luck.
                        maister.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X