Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Question

What on inside the chassis switches the 2nd ball light on? I have SS w/omega tek boards. I have a chassis that will not go to second ball. It is in the chassis itself as it will follow the chassis from machine to machine.
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Re: Chassis Question

Bad connection at PM-E25. (Mask plug #25)

Triac

Comment

Call me a idiot, I forgot to check the F1 fuse. I was running low on fuses and stole it from my spare chassis. My pin chasser went to put it on a machine and saw the ball lights where not working. Goes to show you need to check the most simplest things first.

Thanks Triac for the sudgestion.

Comment

Glad you have it fixed, however for future reference I have had an omega tek board cause the 2nd ball light to go out.

Wang

Comment

LOL Table Head. With no F1 you would have no pindication, sweep/table control or any logic functions…. And the only thing you noticed is that there was no 2nd ball light. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img]

Been there… [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

It sure does humble oneself when you find a problem like that. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_nworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Just FYI,

TA2 Switch switches the ball cycles with Omega Tek boards. If you ever get alot of respot calls on a particular lane then be sure to changed it out or check the adjustment.

In the past, I had trouble with the Unimax switches, found that Freeports give less trouble, but that was a few years ago.
              Dr. James Bandy,D.D. HCLS
              <a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank">http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Comment

Check Elco plug (flat green connector).
                Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I thought those boards had a label on the black heat sink for which triac (or SCR) switched on what lamps. I know I've changed them for 1st and 2nd ball lights.
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Some of the earlier Omega Teks had all the triacs labeled, later versions didn't - guess it was a cost saving measure to not have the heatsink silkscreened?
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

thanks for the good info!

Comment

I guess they (OT makers) figured people who were apt enough to replace the triacs (yes, they are triacs) knew the circuit anyway and didn't need labels.

One of ours has labels - frankly, it potentially could save on mistakes (haven't confused them as yet, touch wood! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).

This topic reminds me of a long-time intention to make a proper trouble-shooting flowchart/system. You wouldn't believe (actually, I'm sure you all know exactly) the hours we could save by using some predefined logic. For example, one of our techs once replaced a backend motor because the mask switch was off. When you're under the pump, stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew:
                          This topic reminds me of a long-time intention to make a proper trouble-shooting flowchart/system. You wouldn't believe (actually, I'm sure you all know exactly) the hours we could save by using some predefined logic. For example, one of our techs once replaced a backend motor because the mask switch was off. When you're under the pump, stuff happens.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very true Andrew. Simple things like a mask or instructomat switch can throw a well seasoned mechanic into a loop, especially when the heat is on. A logical flow chart would be good as long as you put a statement that mentions something to the effect… “Gather as much information (pertaining to the problem) as you can, but don’t always believe the input from personnel or customers.”

A few times I’ve had no cycle (just out of the blue on a running machine) and knew it had to be in instructomat or the SA took a dump. I knew this as I could run the sweep thru SWS but not the SA (remember my OT’s are the old ones). I call the desk and ask them if the counter switch is in shadow and they say “No”. Thinking something weird is going on, I put my spare chassis on that has a switch to disable instructomat. Everything works…check the chassis in the shop….alls good. So, I figure I’ll check the OT board when I get a chance. When things quieted down, I tested the OT board in another chassis and it worked fine…Go up front only to find the counter switch is in shadow. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]

We’ve had similar incidences with the mask switch. Porter gets dead wood, turns off the mask and forgets to turn it back on. 1 minute later desk calls back that the machine went off. One time a customer tried to tell the desk that the mask switch was off (because he witnessed it)…and the desk simply replied….. “The mechanic knows what he’s doing”… and went about his business (whatever that is ). Needless to say, they had to be moved as the mechanic on duty changed the chassis and circuit breaker with no success. The next morning I’m going thru the electrical with an ohm meter only to discover the mask was off. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

Gotta hand it to that porter, though! He actuall turned the mask switch OFF [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] Will wonders never cease....
                            I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I've been called in because the lane machine handle hit the mask sw.
                              What gets me is center personnel trying to explain a problem over the phone. They can't determim 1st ball from 2nd ball,let alone give U a valid description of the problem. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]
                              People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X