Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link 8270 with Accuscore XL by BBB or XOP

Hi,

I have 12 lanes with S/S Chassis 5 board upgrade with the "BBB" board ref: 610709870.
    I want to connect this chassis with the interface of the Accuscore XL.
    I see that a cable exist (ref:070009872) to link the sweep reverse switch to the connector P3 on the BBB board but I haven't the diagram of this cable and AMF France didn't know this ref and this cable [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img] Thank you. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Re: Link 8270 with Accuscore XL by BBB or XOP

I am not familiar with this specific board. Is it a single board that replaces the orignal 5? If so, you will most likley need an 'expander' board of some sort to allow the interface with the scoring.

I would contact Omega Tek, and see if his expander will interface with your system, or the manufacturrer of your board, to see if they have any info.

Comment

Barouf, The XOP board is the evelution of the BBB, or 'Better Business Board, as they called them in 91-92; they have come a long way.
      The XOP Board is now manufactored by ZOT; They will be able to provide you with a schematic, and simple cable to interface.
      Contact Russ at Zot 1-800-525-8116
      The 45/70 Goverment is the only Goverment I trust

Comment

I’m not familiar with the BBB or XOP. However, I have a Zot board with Qubica scoring. I’ll see if I can help you out with your setup. You will have to trace the connections I give with an ohm meter. Also, you will need an auxiliary 12vdc relay mounted in the mechanics control box.

Hopefully this diagram helps, but not sure if it is correct for your setup.

Triac

Comment

I should also mention…. if your PCB’s have a reverse relay on them already, that an auxiliary relay in the mechanics control box is not needed.

My drawing may still be useful for the inputs needed from the scoring to the BPP receptacle, as they are the same from when we had Accuscore 1 and converted to Qubica.

My diagram will work for the old Omega Tek (with a processor) and Zots 5 to 1 conversion.

Hopefully there are no errors and I hope someone will bring it to my attention if there is.

Triac

Comment

Thanks very much for your help.
            After all my night on the web, I saw that my cards are CTI by ZOT 5 to 1 board, and the cable I want is the Short Cycle Cable by ZOT but it isn't tryed in France (say's me AMF).
            I want to create a cable who is able to auto-offspot and no table move on strike cycle.
            Thank you Triac for your diagram but what's the BPP plug or the PCB#6 ???
            On my card I see that the cable must be connect on the P3 plug.
            Like that :

Is it a good idea to plug P3-7 and P3-6 to a relay and connect P3-4 3 and 2 to my Accuscore interface like an APS plug on MP chassis ?
            And why the MP chassis APS plug are 10 pins used and my future cable only 3 ???? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Barouf:

Thank you Triac for your diagram but what's the BPP plug or the PCB#6 ???
                On my card I see that the cable must be connect on the P3 plug.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The BPP receptacle is next to the mask plug receptacle. The PCB#6 is a slot in the chassis where the # 6 board would go if you had one. I’ll see if I can get some pictures to show you what I’m talking about.

Is it a good idea to plug P3-7 and P3-6 to a relay and connect P3-4 3 and 2 to my Accuscore interface like an APS plug on MP chassis ?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, the APS interface will come in thru the BPP plug or you hook it direct.

And why the MP chassis APS plug are 10 pins used and my future cable only 3 ???? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not for sure….Probably for future enhancements or different scoring interface.

Triac

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a) 1 pair for foul input from pinsetter to CWC.
                  b) 1 pair for 2nd ball voltage
                  c) 1 pair for start switch (microswitch above sweep arm)
                  d) 1 pair for RPO for either cycling from the AccuDesk or BT &amp; 10th frame fill ball
                  e) Scoring data pair for telling pinsetter what to do (shortened strike, 7/10 pick)

There's a couple of others like clock data which uses 1 pair and another pair which provides a NO/NC contact for misc. equipment that needs it.
                  "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Ok, with all this information,
                    Is it possible to pass the 2nd cycle on a 10th frame, for example : A client make a spare a 10th frame, he launch his last ball but the pinspotter cycle twice !
                    I think about the cable and I try to place all in one (short strike cycle + auto offspot + 10th frame if possible)

Comment

Barouf, be sure that you connect 1 of the respotcel wires to the ground, if you cycle your machines by hand you create a big mes.

<a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank">http://www.peet-peet.nl</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Comment

Barouf,

You can order the cable assy that includes the relay to interface with the scoring that connects to the P3. Zot # 827006…..cost 49.50 USD.

I did not need this cable assy as I already had a reverse relay in my control box (and the wiring to the BPP) from the previous scoring. So to modify my chassis to the 5 to 1, my P3 plug is connected to a PCB that goes to the #6 slot. The BPP plug has the inputs from the scoring and the outputs to the relay in the control box. Hope this clears some of the confusion.

With regards to 10th frame cycle…. all depends if Accu+ will send the commands to the APS chassis. Our Qubica does this and we have the 10th frame function on both the 5 to 1 and Omega Tek’s.

Also, as AMF Holland mentioned. Your RSC’s (at least one) needs grounded in the wire way.

Triac

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I bought the 5 to 1, I purchased just the wires with the plug (no relay) so that I would have some form of standardization for future purchases. The plug had a wire on #1 attached, so I felt it should go somewhere. I was told it should go to ground along with #2.

Since then, I purchased just the plugs and pins from an electronic outlet. Now I have enough wire (left over from the original cable) to make up 6-8 more assy’s.

Triac

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X