Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes my job easier

Won't work if you still have the mask that mounts on the frame.

This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Re: Makes my job easier

I have thought about something like this for a long time. Should have acted on it, LOL.

Might save a few broken sweep parts and light fixtures!
    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I like it. Only problem I see is location. This is where all the underground wires come up to the curtain wall.

When I was doing installation there was another guy that had a portable one that clipped on the front somehow. Thought it was pretty cool…saved a lot of banged up shins, deck lights and torn cloths.

Triac

Comment

Yeah - wires.
        There should be enough slack in them to dress them along the bottom or inside of box tubing.
        There's room (about an inch) on the even lane box tubing for wires.

Comment

what about the curtain wall.........

Comment

If your curtain wall is too close to get up from the front now, this isn't going to help.

Comment

at 1st I thought it was from the diomand plate to the wood catwalk....lol that is a good idea, will save a lot of sweep shock mounts and skined knees, as long as your curtian wall is high enough... ours arent.... (I think the designer of our center was 3 foot 5, and 110 lbs)

Comment

I don't know how I was ever able to climb up on these things without hurting myself or the machine when I was pinchasing. Then again, I was 18 years old and 140 pounds!

Comment

Thats a trouble prone position for a step.
                  every center I've ever worked in had the curtain wall so low that a step like that was definately impractical, not to mention the A&MC box along with scorer interface hardware mounted on wall right above where this step is pictured in your picture.

The last center I worked at - we mounted a piece of angle iron on top of the decklight support brackets that we could step up on behind the sweep. Worked great!!

Comment

It's a nice idea, though it won't do in our centre because of the position of the A&MC box, the cables, and to some extent the curtain wall (could squeeze under it, but it'd be a tight fit from that position, even for me).

I step with my foot across the table gearbox drip tray (which is always dry [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ) and the pit light bracket, avoiding the sweep.

AmfPro's mention of the extra angle iron on the pit light brackets has got me thinking though - that would be much easier than what we do now. It would have to be higher than the sweep but that sounds do-able.

Thanks for posting this Ted.

Andrew.

Comment

Years ago I did it this way: when we replaced our machine-mounted masks with lane mounted ones, I attached the old mask support plates (the ones the pipe went through) to the front frame of the machine, one on each side. I cut up the old mask pipes to 60", got them threaded on each end, and used electrical nema box fitting nuts (two on each end) to secure the pipe to the brackets. This pipe ended up just above the sweep bar and was adjustable due to the slots in the brackets.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...
                      Working...
                      X