Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor Rollers

Rx
    Have you ever noticed when you are working on your distributor rollers how they have side slop in them after awhile. If you look closely at your distributor when it's out of a machine, looking down from the front you'll notice that they are not in perfect alignment with each other. As you tighten them up you stress them side to side. We've been trying out the above setup on our machines. By taking out one of the flanges, it lets the tube seek its own center between the remaining flanges. When I put the top rollers in, I put a 1/16 spacer washer between the roller and the frame. Readjust the rollers, sometimes a little tighter than normal, and check its tracking. When making these rollers, try and get them as smooth as possible. I now have about 16 machines done this way, and if you didn't know it, you would say that it was stock.

AMF DOCTOR
    The doctor makes house calls.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Re: Distributor Rollers

Where did you get these....or did you modify some.

Comment

Jerry:
      They are home made. It took some time and effort, but the results have been good so far. Don't forget to use the 1/16 thick washer between the distributor frame and the upper rollers, both of them.

AMF DOCTOR
      AMF DOCTOR
      http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

I have used washers before to reposition the back of the carriage if it rides too close to the Index cam. (I dont like shiming the cam, as you have to also shim the trip support, the lateral arm, and the safty link rod end)

I have found that the sealed bearing style rollers from stahls do not get sloppy.

Comment

I use flat plastic bearings for upper eccentric rollers. I never have to worry about upper-to-lower alignment.

If all the way back, the rear carriage roller does not line up with the main pulley, then I do shim either the front or the rear grooved (lower) roller to align.

Comment

There were "C" washer shims you could put under the rollers to correct any alignment probrams.

Can't remember if there was a part number for them or not though (curse of being on "B" machines too long).

Paul...

When I rebuilt the distributors (all 50 of them down to the base casting) at the Hilton way back when there were a few that had to have the indexing cam and associated followers shimmed out for one reason or another. Usually it would be due something being warped.
            -- Larry

Comment

pac man washer #000-029-910
              If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X