Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New chassis by fall!

That is my plan, and it is starting to come together. We are looking at an ultra 98 chassis. I have put these in an install I did a few years ago.

We are changing from stepper relay chassis to the new ones. There is some concern about the wiring conversion. It looks like the main changes would be for the mask and that is no problem does anyone have expreience with a conversion like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking at taking out the table wires and am not sure what all othere changes there would be.

I also know that there are some others who are still using the stepper chassis. If you are one of these centers or know of some I do not want to throw away the steppers and am sure someone can use them.
    The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Re: New chassis by fall!

Originally posted by Pat P:
    That is my plan, and it is starting to come together. We are looking at an ultra 98 chassis. I have put these in an install I did a few years ago.

We are changing from stepper relay chassis to the new ones. There is some concern about the wiring conversion. It looks like the main changes would be for the mask and that is no problem does anyone have expreience with a conversion like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking at taking out the table wires and am not sure what all othere changes there would be.

I also know that there are some others who are still using the stepper chassis. If you are one of these centers or know of some I do not want to throw away the steppers and am sure someone can use them.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'll love the Ultra 98 units. Get the Plus units if you can. Make sure you get the newer vintage ones that Zot is working on now. They've added a cooling fan, beefed up the traces on the driver board and switched from Fuses to Mini-Breakers (which I did a long time ago). Before actually installing the chassis, I would re-pin the entire C-1 to make sure your crimps are in good order and no charred sockets to prematurely wear the pins on the chassis side.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Re: New chassis by fall!

I will rewire the pins what I am looking for is if I need to do any wire changes because of the stepper realys I am replacing or is this a direct plug in. I am thinking that I will not have to change much.

Thanks for the advise I will look at the plus units if I can. This is a long time investment.
      The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X