Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove /install Table Ass'y..ALONE

I have removed all seats in the setee area & stripped the tile floors & re-finished the whole floor.Replaced seats(72).. All painting on the walls are done...restrooms are spit-polished & it's not even May yet [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]

I'm starting on the spotters. I pulled ALL the pits last year( that was worth it !)

I have 4-5 tables that I want to pull out & put them on sawhorses so I can go thru them completely. Anybody have a technique to remove
    ( & moreso replace) the table ALONE...how do you hold the supports down to the table & install the bolts alone ?
    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Re: remove /install Table Ass'y..ALONE

I remove the table uprights with the table as 1 unit. It is easier for me to remove the counterbalance springs and lower the table. I place an old pit carpet on the pindeck with a couple of 1x4 to support it. Remove the spot and respot rods, then the levelers and main bearing bolts. slide the whole assbly out. stand the table on end and pick up with a dolly. I found that if I remove it in 1 piece, that when I put it back in place there is not as much adjustments that have to be done.
    SGT
    U.S. Army/AVN
    Retired

Comment

1. Disconnect power. Spotter at zero.

2. Remove spot and respot rods.

3. Remove table lift shaft counter balance springs at the X-washer studs on both sides. The one on the sweep motor side is easy to get to. As long a no large washer is on the stud just grab it by hand and pull and remove. The Table motor side you will need to reach in from bottom side of table and remove also.

4. Place two 4 foot 2x4 under on the pin deck lengthwise with the lane to support table then crank table by hand down resting on the boards.

5. Remove the stabilizer rods from the table support post.

6. Remove the bolts (pins in old style post)from table lift shaft post.

7. Crank table lift shaft back to zero position. Make sure the stabilizer rods are out of the way.

8. Remove table. Pull out onto lane with boards under it. Lift the front end up and stand it up. Slide dolly under it. Take to service area.

9. Follow sequence 8 to 1 to re-install.

This is a 10 minute or less job for removal of the Table by one person. 15 minutes to reverse the above proceedures and re-install the Table.
      Dr. James Bandy,D.D. HCLS
      <a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank"><a href="http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm" target="_blank">http://bowlingpin.cjb.net/Techs/aboutme.htm</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Comment

Put the machine in spotting position, disconnect the spot/respot rods, take table leg bolts out, leave table legs and c/b springs connected.

Comment

leave table legs and c/b springs connected.
          FUNNY, KING..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

I would suggest replacing the 2 x 4's with a small weeled dolly (like a creeper). that way you can roll the table out from under the spotter when you get it disconected.

Comment

Jim,I was gonna suggest that also.Use something with wheels creeper ,skateboard,etc.And leave the springs hooked up if you want to get the torque tube out of the way quickly... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

I wouldnt bother pulling the entire table assy out. There is nothing you can not do to the table outside the machine that you can not do with it inside. Unless you want to powerwash it to make it look pretty. If that is the case, remove the table wiring first. Why do you want to pull the table? Is it broken in half?

Comment

I am also removing our tables this summer. We are hopefully going to finally get rid of the table cable. But man do they look nice and work better when they can cleaned and gone through!

I use a creeper and put down an old pit on the deck. I take the table leg bolt out, I marked their position first.

Good luck and have fun! It is easier than you think.

I had to take one off this year because it broke. My boss felt sorry for me because I had to work so hard and this big job, and I even got it together before the next nights league! He was treating me like a hero!

I tried my best to put a "warn out" look on my face and told him, "thats OK I was just doing my job, Oh can I see my time card again [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] !"
                  The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Comment

At 6'4"&amp; 258lbs...rebuilding respot cells &amp; changing pivot studs is easier OUT of the machine &amp; setting on a couple of sawhorses.
                    The last time I did this ( 15 years ago-I had a helper)
                    I do have air tools, so, I painted the feet area first ,so I can get the table back in where it was. I unbolted the 7 pin side..the leg went up about 4". I then unbolted the 10 pin side rear bolt first..then I was able to hold down the leg while the last nut came off.It didn't spring up as bad as I had suspected. I think I can get it back in ok..

Dolly ?? I just stood it up &amp; carried the table out to the truck to take it to the welding shop(snapped yoke).
                    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

Originally posted by TA2:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The table motor spline will not allow the torque tube to return to 0.

Comment

Haven't found the right part or made the tool yet. But if you put a blocking mechinism inside the 7755 yoke weldment &amp; 1490 bearing it could hold the table down for YOU.

Just remember to remove it, so it doesn't destroy something later.

Ed
                        Slow down, take a second, NOWFIXIT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TA2:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The table motor spline will not allow the torque tube to return to 0. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it won’t shoot back to zero but it will shoot up (quite fast) about a foot until the table drive spins to catch the lock and the clevis bearing bottoms out.

For safety’s sake….REMOVE THE CB SPRINGS.
                          Leg removal is optional.

Very good procedure James.

Triac

Comment

Pindeck "You do MAN" [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]
                            The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Comment

i'm quite lucky, we have a spare table casting. Its there to build up fully in your own time, so when it comes to a table you want to overhall you just take the old one out and put the new one in, that then becomes my spare which i have as long as i wish to clean and repair. I strip it down to nothing and build it back up, anything that looks dodgy goes! i'm very lucky

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X