Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cent.switch problem

trying to help a center where the mech walked off
    could someone post procedure for centrifugal switch mechanism adjustment....sweep motor runs to guard and then hums til klixon kicks out....westinghouse motors

thanks
    john

Re: cent.switch problem

John,

If you have a spare cent switch you might as well replace it.

Did you try another stator to be sure it's not something else.

P.S. Is this center WACCAMAW?

Comment

Do a search for 'potential relay'. IMO, that is the best way to go.
      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

sounds like a sticking mechanism to me. needs to be replaced.
        Russ

Comment

There isn't any adjustment.
          Does the mechanism go up and down? Is it complete?
          How do the contact points look? (remember there are two switches on a WH combo)
          Does the motor start/stop with the table motor plug?
          If so, then don't worry about the motor. Check out the sweep motor plug, sweep motor contactor, sweep motor capacitors, sweep reverse switch, C-1 connections (the bottom two rows especially), and look for junk laying around on the front terminal strips.

If scoring is connected for sweep reverse, unplug scoring and try a cycle. The automatic sweep reverse may be at fault but we would need to know more about the scoring & chassis if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunsamf:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. We completed one of our houses over to all potential relays about 6 months ago. The best thing we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by BG:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Brunsamf:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. We completed one of our houses over to all potential relays about 6 months ago. The best thing we ever did. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BG, you are welcome [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Wang

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 Wang:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BG:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Brunsamf:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. We completed one of our houses over to all potential relays about 6 months ago. The best thing we ever did. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BG, you are welcome [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Wang
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A BIG OLE THANK YOU to my friend Chris, who pointed me in this direction. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I apologize for not pointing that out earlier. Thank you Chris!

Comment

Im only teasing BG. Just took you a little while to learn the wiring. I have to thank Jamie at Stahls, he told us at school that Pot relays were the way to go. I have one side done, all 32 lanes. Still have 32 to go. I have not had 1 issues with those 32 lanes of Pot relays. Its one of the best investments you can make next to slowing down your pinwheels.

Wang

Comment

I agree whole heartedly!!!

Comment

will be going by the center tomorrow...will look into the fore mentioned areas...thanks for the input

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X