Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.P. Chassis- weird one!

Got a weird one here:-
    When the m/c is turned on (82/70).everything comes on apart from the b.e. relay does not operate and start up the b.e.m.and the m.p. won`t zero?
    I have replaced the following:-both sweep/table contactors.
    C1 plug and pins.checked C2 plug and pins and connections,all look ok.
    Changed transformers-T1 & T4.
    Replaced S;M;M2 relays.(the M relay did have slightly more pitted contacts than the other two relays).
    Changed p.c. board(single).
    Fault moves with chassis,so definately chassis that`s the cause.
    Now,when I have everything connected and the m/c powered up I can sometimes get the m/c to fire up if I slightly move the C2 plug wires inside the chassis.
    So i`m thinking loose wire/connection on C2 but i`ve checked visualy and with a meter and cannot find anything amiss!
    I don`t really want to have to change the full C2 on the off chance!
    Please,if there is anyone who can ease my frustration on this mad fault I will be cocker hoop!
    Thanks,Triforce.

Re: M.P. Chassis- weird one!

How did the problem begin?

You say everything comes on except the BE motor when the machine is turned on. Do you mean both combo motors run and the solenoid is engaged?

Yet slightly moving C2 wires will sometimes get the machine to fire up. Do you mean the BE motor? Is this after the sweep and table have interlocked?

Written explanation is not as easy as just seeing what's happening. Can you be a bit more clear?

Thanks,
    Chad

Comment

When you checked the C2A receptacle did you insert a spare pin into the socket? This is the best method for checking continuity. Also, an analog meter works better than digital when jiggling. The response time is extremely fast for analog and may not show up on digital.

I believe that the non-zero function may be a separate issue from the BE relay problem. The two C2A pins that you may want change (or double check) for the BE are 313FF and 13L.

Just curious why you changed the sweep and table contactors? If they were intermittently cutting out, I would guess that C2A-313FF is the problem as this pin is the input for the M1 and BE.

Triac

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
        Chad,the problem began when m/c started to interlock always with the table stopping at a random position.Having narrowed it down to being the m.p.and the contactor not looking in to good condition I decided to change it along with the sweep contactor.With the fault now being the one I have described.So i proceeded to change the other items with no success.
        No the sweep and table motors won`t run through pressing the cycle button as the m.p. won`t zero the solenoid does not energize either.only by way of the contactors will the sweep and table move.
        I tested the continuity by way of digital meter pin for pin in comparison with a known good m.p.
        I will try using a spare pin as you rightly suggested along with an analogue meter that is stored under the work bench!
        Will also check the pins you mention.
        Thanks again for the info guys!
        [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img] Triforce.

Comment

I should also mention that you won’t have 100 % continuity across 313 FF and 13 L. Your meter will show resistance of the M1 and BE relay coil combined. These two terminals are for the BE switch, with 313 FF being common output from the T4 for both relays.

You should have 100 % continuity from 313 FF to T4 secondary, 313 FF to M1 #2 and 13 L to BE coil #6.

Triac

Comment

Finally found the fault to be, as triac precisely suggested, the 313FF pin!
            It had a weak point on the back of the pin that had almost broken away,only managed to spot it after I had removed the pin!
            Thanks again for the suggestions guys!!
            triforce.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X