TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/90 XL pits

Have any of you 82/90xl techs ever pulled a pit through the back by opening the pin elevator? I'm getting ready to pull all my pits and would like to take them out the back if it can be done. I've never tried it this way yet but if I don't get any answers here I'm goin to give it a shot on my first one...It doesn't take much time to open the elevator up, but if it won't work I don't want to waste my time doing it. So, with that being said...Have any of you ever tried it?
    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Re: 82/90 XL pits

We have that option here and Tall Paul has chosen to take them out the front. It is not a ton of extra work but any extra work is too much for him and I both.

Tim
    HBOwner

Comment

If that little extra work will save me from walking around like a little old man (bad back) for three or four days after pulling a pit, I'll be all for the little extra work...On the other hand if it's not going to make getting the bounce plates and carpet easier out I'm not going to waste my time.

Tim, if we don't see that anybody on here has tried it...I'll be the guinnea pig and try it and let you know if the little extra is worth it or not.

Comment

On 70’s I remove the cushion. A little more work, but makes it a lot easier getting in and out for forgotten tools, shagging calls and reassembling the pit.

Kenny,

Pic’s would be cool of that thing open if at all possible.

Triac

Comment

I always pull the cushion as well.

Brian,
          I will take some pics with it open if I go that route...Hell, I just might go ahead and open one up and take some pics for you anways...Only takes about 5-10 min to open one up.

Comment

Wuss.

Real men don't open the machine or remove the curtain.

Comment

AMF explained that the pivot for the elevator wheel was going to be used as a quick pit change method for the 8800 machine. Somehow the pit assy.(inc. rollers) would slide in for a quick change.
              "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
              Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger:
                Wuss.

Real men don't open the machine or remove the curtain.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea, I know…didn’t use to, but I’m getting old.

Found with the cushion out…..makes it much easier to remove the bounce board, carpet and both rollers (all at the same time)…a lot easier. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

Triac...

Before removing the bounce plate and rollers simultaneously, try setting a gearbox on each end of it, like I do. It will greatly aid in balancing the pit for easy removal. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bite me Wade! I have to keep the back in good shape for my night time job...I am stll a newlywed you know. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

The elevator is open and pics will be taken...Haven't got to pulling the pit yet...I'll let you know how it goes.

Wade, can I send you the pics after I download them so you can post them for me?

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:

Wade, can I send you the pics after I download them so you can post them for me?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes sireee Bob...err... Kenny... as long as you include a few of Jen. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">as long as you include a few of Jen. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No way dude...Anybody else want to host my pics? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok. The pit is out and it was well worth opening the elevator up...I still pulled the rear roller through the hole but left the front roller in on top of the bounce plates...Got bounce plates off support weldments, walked the bounce plates to a slight angle and slid them bad boys right out the back...Much, much easier than laying on the pin deck trying to pull them up onto the deck. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]

Comment

Kenny... maybe if you'd stop posting every half hour, you could have that thing back in by the weekend. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Good to hear that you enjoy taking it out of the rear.

Still waiting on Jen's pics....

Comment

Went back together pretty easy as well.

Will have pics soon...Home puter' took a dump last night.

You're one sick puppy Wade. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                              Working...
                              X