Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cont cycle - on 4 strait lanes??

Hey guys, Ive got 26 82/70's with MP chassis. Vector scoring. Lanes 9,10,11 and 12 are continuously cycling. My experiences with something like this is accuscore and one of the boards in the LIU.

But I havnt got a clue where to start with the Vector scoring system. Anyone with similar equipment I would appreciate some ideas.

Thanks

Eric

Re: cont cycle - on 4 strait lanes??

First step would be to isolate where the cycle request is coming from. Remove A&MC plug where it interfaces with pinsetter and jump pins 21 & 22 so machine stays on. This will eliminate reset buttons from up front.
    Also, if Vector uses the APS port on the MP, remove it and see what happens.
    Do this one at a time until you find out from where the cycle request is coming from and narrow it down.

Other possible places include ball detects, cushion start switches (if still used), etc.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

If you have ball triggering of the infra-red variety, a missing reflector could allow cross-talk between the two emitters.

Comment

I'm taking a wild guess ,but does vector scoring break lane comunications down in groups of 4??? If so, 9,10, 11,12 would be your 3rd group.
        DO what Kat seggests, take the scoring plug loose from the chassis'and see what happens....
        People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Eric- Doug In Minn. PEPSI 2424. On constant cycle on 8270's in pairs. First check your trigger eyes. Make sure you unplug your sweep motors--adjust the eyes so the lights stay on at 0 degrees, do not worry about flickering or going off at 1st or 2nd guard. Just to be safe hard boot your slave #2,(press the little black button on the left side) count to 20 and press again. Disconnect 1 wire on your cushion switches and put a piece of tape on it. You will not have any more cycling. If you do disconnect the red wire at the bowlers reset button up front. You now have each pair isolated!! Call me Monday if you have any Questions 612-619-8824
          For Sale- Pickled Eggs--10 cents each, 2 for a quarter, I'll have a quarters worth please.

Comment

thanks for the input everyone. Doug do you have the same setup? 82/70 mp chassis and vector?

Just to update they did some reboots, im not really sure where and the machines went back to normal.

I also did not mention that the SS switches are not hooked up, at this time. Which i will be changing ASAP because the scoring system has no way of setting or adjusting the time between the triggering beam being broken and when the machine actually cycles. Deadwood City!!!

Just for your info Vector has a "slave" computer for every 8 lanes.

Thanks everyone, Doug I may give you a call this week.

Eric

Comment

The micro switch for the sweep reset to zero runs through the mp chassis. The micro switch has an arm that comes into contact with the right side of the sweep arm (when facing the front of the pinsetter) if this switch arm alignment is incorrect it will cause the pinsetter to continuously cycle. Question? Do you get a _0_ for a score? This is a normally open switch, or with the arm up you can always find excitation. Easy to check, sit close to the mp chassis and cycle the pinsetter, when the pinsetter resets to first ball cycle the sweep arm will pause for about three seconds, the sweep will reengage until the switch is back into what the mp chassis thinks is machine zero.

Comment

Argh I am so glad we got the 90 upgrade. I hate the start switch.

Comment

Eric- Doug in Minn.Yes--we have 1 center with MP chassis--24 lanes and 2 24 lane centers with solid state, all with Vector Plus with the first update. We were the first ones to get Vector with Omegatek board chassis's, and I learned a lot with all the problem's we had. When I came back from school in Muskegon, I was able to fix all the little glitshy problems we had. Pretty easy system once you understand what you can and can't do. You will want too hook-up your cushion switches though!!! Give me a call!!
                  For Sale- Pickled Eggs--10 cents each, 2 for a quarter, I'll have a quarters worth please.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X