Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing table wiring

helping out a local center...they just installed scoring and have 70's w/mp chassis...still have the table cable but just wire nut on gripper protection switch wires...would like to remove table wiring...could someone post procedure be simple please as i work on brunswicks
    thanks

Re: removing table wiring

If they have pin count data controlling the chassis, all you need to do is ground one respotcell wire on the board next to the capacitors.
    Gripper protection - was more important on the 82-70 A and B that has a respot solenoid.
    The new machines I've put in lately from AMF don't have them.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

speaking of that board next to capacitors, don't forget to pair up the 2 fat yellow wires together. this is the other side of the gripper circuit going to the chassis. the table won't come down otherwise.

Comment

After you have made wire changes that Ted & TCP said to make,you can then remove the entire table cable, the plug on the table, and all of the table wiring and file 13 it and don't look back. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
        People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Will this always make the pinsetter "SEE" pins on the 1st ball, whether there are pins or not, and reset a full or empty rack (i.e. no strike cycle)? I tried this after our Qubica install on ONE lane to see how well it worked. I did not like resetting an empty pin deck with the reset switch up front and the table coming down, grabbing no pins, and resetting no pins. Is there a way around this?, or is this the way the chassis sees things? Like the idea...
          Cheers,
          Steve

Comment

Thats the only disavantage of this is that if the scoring doesn't tell the machine a strike was bowled, the table runs a normal 1st ball cycle with no pins standing.So you have to push the button twice.But, you will never get a false "X" cycle which use to be hel on cups and respot cells.

Comment

With Qubica, you'll have to have the XLMP interface to send pin fall data to the machine chassis. than it will work as intended.
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted, is the XLMP the same as the "F" box? I have Qubica scoring and table wiring out of the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by TA2:
                  Ted, is the XLMP the same as the "F" box? I have Qubica scoring and table wiring out of the loop.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No... the XLMP is the little controller (about the size of a pack of cigarettes) that is usually located above the machines on the curtain wall near the ball downtrack... each box serves 1 pair. There should be a group of small multiconductor wires that run from each machine (1 to each machine), and the third is the data cable back to the scoring. It should also have a little red/green indicator LED on it. The F Box is farther up the loop and acts as a 'concentrator' for the signals coming from the machines.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

10-4 Gman on the XLMP box.We have those ,didn't know what they were called. Thanx.
                    I wasn't clear my post about not running a X cycle. I was refering to when you have to cycle the machine with the tenth frame sw.or cycle button on the rear panel. A non-scoring cycle.With one repot wire grounded, you have to cycle twice.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X