Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF vs Mashers

If AMF techs refer to (brand X) as mashers,what do the masher mechs. call our machines???? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Re: AMF vs Mashers

Tinker toys.

Comment

A notch above

Comment

I guess I've been a tinkering for going on 33 years now. i'd rather tinker then get mashed.I enjoyed my tinker toys as a kid...
        Noticed I refered to AMF as techs. and masher people as mechs. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TA2:

Noticed I refered to AMF as techs. and masher people as mechs. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]
          Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Blenders
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

Originally posted by TA2:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But the old saying goes..."It takes a good Brunswick mechanic to be an AMF mechanic/tech"

Right Drill?
              "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Anyone can read a meter but not everyone can wrench.
                Drill

David Bolt
                Champaign, IL
                USBC Silver Coach
                IBPSIA BOD
                IBPSIA Advanced
                Technical Certified
                Pro Shops

Comment

Well my friend works on "combine harvesters" ( Brunswick, not sure what model but I know it's an old one)

He say's I work on washing machines, or tumble dryers. (82-70's)

Depending on how he feels

Comment

Each to his own,everyone has a valid opinion, I have worked as a pin boy, and on both AMF and Brunswick and am definitely a tinker and proud to be called a Technician.
                    maister

Comment

Originally posted by Drillmn300:
                      Anyone can read a meter if they know what to set it on!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">FIXED
                      I've had many a meter blown by some mech who knew how to use it! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone can read a meter but not everyone can wrench.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey,I started on 30's, I learned how to allen wrench.. I can wrench blind-folded, and I have a meter with a brail display, [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] so I can do both...

Comment

Hey all just my 2 cents but i work on amf's that are at my home center. The owner of my center owns a brunswick center that has been flooded out and i am refurnishing those brunswick A-2. I have found in my experiences that the brunswicks are machines a mechanic needs to work on when dealing with amf 82-70's you need to know not only how to wrench but an extensive electrical back ground but to be honest both have their ups and downs but i would rather work on amf's because i can at any time get the machine to stop if by chance i am caught in it. but in about 2 years i will be saying goodbye to amf's so i kinda have no choice but i would preffer amf
                          When in doubt check at bowl-tech
                          When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

i would preffer amf
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">4 out of 5 bowling center techs.prefer AMF over the other leading brand.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Never worked on a masher just me 30's and helped at a 70's. I did work at a centre that had brunswick (insert model no????) as a manager and all i knew was that they spent all day re-welding those green conveyer bands.
                              If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X