Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under lane ball return

Having some trouble with underlane lift. When I just use lane #8 all works fine. When I go to use lane#7 alone, Ball lift wont operate. This is just in front, PBL in back works just fine. Getting tired of flipping bypass switch on all of the time. It seems no one turns it off if I am not around. Thanks! 82/70 MP machine with PBL

It was M1 Thanks to all

Re: Under lane ball return

If we're dealing with 70s, check the M1 relay in the MP Chassis.

Or, you may have a bad relay in your power lift/Sure-Pik control box. Easy way to check is to see if you get 24V on the odd lane control relay coil. No 24V there = bad relay or wiring from the MP Chassis.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

What ball returns are you using?

I had same problem with my C90's and it was the signal wire from back end to the unit, so just rewired it.
      If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

If it works from one lane, then the ball return unit's control box and the pair of wires running to it from the machine are fine.

It'll be the M1 relay as Kat says, the relay base (specifically pins 5 or 9), or the wires from the A&MC box (terminals 3 and 4) to lane 7's chassis via A&MC plug pins 11 and 31 and C2A pins 33 and 34.

Try changing 7's chassis first, then check A&MC and C2A plug pins.

Hope that helps,
        Andrew.

Comment

if you have mp chassis, it is the relay in the chassis causing the problem.Switch the chassis and this will prove it.If the wire is faulty normally neither lane will turn on as we only use one twin core and split it in the a & mc box.If you have two twin cores check for continuity.
          maister

Comment

if you are using c90's, then swap wire in the control box, turn on 7 if the ball lift work then the circuit from the chassis to lift is find, then try 8 since we know 8 works then if the problem is there when 8 is turn on then we know it is in the control box at the c90

Comment

above post will only work if you have two pairs of wire from a & mc box one for each pinspotter.i still think problem lies in chassis if it was working before and there is only one pair of wire going to ball return.
              maister

Comment

i have only 1 pair wire which is split, from the a & mc box to c-90 gold box

Comment

I agree that the 1st step is to swap the chassis. If the problem follows, you have found it. (most likley low voltage fault somewhere)

If it stays in machine, make sure your A+MC plug is tightly pluged in, I have seen these come loose causing this same problem. If that is not it, pull your c-90 box, and check to make sure that all is wired up corectly. You may simply have a loose wire in the box.

Comment

Just had this and it was the M-1. I would do the easy things first.
                    The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X