Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp chassis help

I have a mp chassis when you put it on a machine it makes a little tiny humming noise. Then the table runs continuously. Its not the mp board, or the plastic relays, or the table contactor and its definitly in the chassis. Any help would be greatly appreceated.

Re: mp chassis help

Nick - send it to ME! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Just kiddin...Are you sure the contactor is OK? If it is an enclosed type, check the normally open contacts to make sure one of them hasn't welded itself closed, they should have NO continuity when no actuated.

Jon
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Hi Jon

Its a allen bradley contactor open stlye. I'm
      sure it okay I change it with another contactor.
      But it still does it.

Comment

You may think I'm a nut , but put it on, fire it up and kick it.I've fixed this kind of problem like this more then once with a good swift kick. it just has bad ju-ju in it somewhere. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
        People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Ya never know! A good thump can always make something that ain't supposed to be there, go away or make a better connection where it IS supposed to be! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I can't think of what would be making the noise (w/o seeing it for myself) The main xfmr can buzz a bit if the case isn't tight, but I doubt that is the problem (besides it wouldn't cause a constant table). I assume you took good relays from a running chassis and swaped 'em , right? Did you just replace the contacts on the contactor or the whole thing? Was this chassis running OK prior to this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by nick300_us:
            Then the table runs continuously.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By any chance are the two legs on the "TABLE" push button touching? It could be that or just a bad button.

As far as the buzzing, you can narrow it down by applying power to the MP, turn off all three motor switches on the BE control panel, remove the three ice cube relays, and see.

Insert 1 relay at a time and see if it comes back (or never went away)
            More than likely, it's 1 of the 4 transformers or a relay coil that's buzzing.
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Nick, did you figure out what was going on with this chassis?

Comment

Table Contact was sticking, kicking it freed it up.

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Kwel....

Comment

No Jon

I haven't figured it out yet. Its not the table switch on the chassis disconnected it and the table still runs continuosly. When you turn on the table from the switch on the control panel its sits there for a couple seconds and then starts running. Its not the board or the plastic relays.

Comment

Have you eyeballed the C2A block REALLY well? Don't rely on just an eyeball - stick a male pin in each pin to make sure it isn't pushing in. Sometimes a pin will push in &amp; then "spring" back out when the male pin is pulled out. Check the chassis end and the machine end. He!!, you work for AMF, send the damn thing to me! My property taxes are kickin my arse.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I don’t know where your humming is coming from. But I’ll bet the continuous table is caused by a defective varsitor. Check varsitor V4 with a continuity meter. If you got continuity its toast and needs replaced.

Triac

Comment

My property taxes are kickin my arse....
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't feel bad.Just got a new assestment, mine went up 64% over the last assestment. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]
                          People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Cut them varsitors out! More trouble than they are worth...

TA2 - mine have gone up 600% in the last 10 years! They are trying to drive me out of this yuppie infested place - I ain't budging till I get my coool million.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Have you figured it out yet? Sounds to me like T1 or T2, but I dont think that would cause continuous table cycle... Also check capacitors.

I was kind of lost during this thread, it seems there are two people asking questions as I keep reading, I hope what I said helps one of you.
                              Adam Murray
                              Manager A
                              AMF Bowling Worldwide, Inc.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X