Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 Pinspotter Maintenance Survey

How often do you mechanic's out their in cyberspace tear down your combination motors,
    backend motors, lowerends and lube machines?
    I work in a 30 lane center and it's been my practice for 27 years to do this maintenance
    on a once a year basis is this overkill?
    Those motor's sure in he** aren't getting any
    lighter, and my bosses ain't payin me what I
    feel I'm worth, I take pride in what I do but
    the bosses could give a s*** this of course is my
    opinion. Let me know your routine's, by the way
    the center I work in is medium to high lineage
    somewhere in between.

Re: 82/70 Pinspotter Maintenance Survey

I tear pits out every 2 years.
    This is a complete rebuild.
    Bearing washed and repacked.
    New vibration dampeners.
    Front roller lubed.

Motors.
    I have all ss relays in the channels.
    No need to inspect.
    Change oil every 5 years.
    Blow out with a leaf blower every 6 months.

Ball lifts.
    Take apart exits yearly.
    Rebuild and wash and repack bearings every 2 years.

Shur stucks.
    Blow out motors and hand dryers with a leaf blower every 6 months.
    Wash and repack bearings every 2 years.
    Wipe belts twice a week.

Do yourself a favor and shop around if they are not paying you what you are worth.

Jerry

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be maintained. We blow out every part of every machine & mop carpets once a month. Lube a pair per week. (12 pairs = every 3 months) General wipe down, once a week & belts every day.

When we get caught up on the 40 years of neglect that occurred before I became full time, things will probably change. For now, we'll just keep trying to stay far enough ahead of things to make a difference. (So far, so good)

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

With 27 years of experience...you should know wether you are doing it often enough or not. If you are happy with your results at this point, I wouldn't try to change anything now. If you aren't happy with the pay, that's a different story. With your experience, you should have no problems finding an owner willing to pay you what you are worth. Just my opinion...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Ive always said, "Never awake a sleeping giant." But now that im at a center which has been neglected for about 20 years I decided to change my mind. Just this past tue. night a back end motor stopped running just as league hit the floor. As i got it to start a cloud of dirt and dust blew out of the motor. Needless to say it was electical but when i took the head off and into the shop there was an inch of dirt inside the head and even more inside the stator. And when I blow out a combo motor head its black dust from the brushes. So Until such time where my place is running up to par I will have to go through everything. Currently im doing cushions.

When i worked for AMF, I used to go through every gearbox every 2 years, lube every time we heard a squeek and lube up dist. clutches every 3 months due to linage.

deadwood
          Well thats just like your opinion man...

Comment

HEY JIM

YOU DO A GOOD JOB OVER THERE.
            THE THING IS NOW YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CLEANING UP AFTER RESURFACING.

JEFF KUHNLE
            TWIN OAKS LANES
            TOLEDO OHIO
            [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
            WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

-Gearboxes get a kerosene flush and oil change every 4 years or so.
              -Motors get the dust blown/vacuumed out every 1-2 months or so.
              -Distributor clutches are disassembled, inspected, cleaned, and relubed every 90 days or so.
              -Distributor pans/rails/belts are cleaned nightly, entire unit cleaned/relubed/adjusted every 4 months.
              -Front ends are cleaned and regreased every 6-8 months.
              -Table/respot mechanisms are cleaned & lubed every 6 months.
              -Ball handling units/belts are cleaned & inspected every 1-2 weeks, ball wiper cloths are changed every 30 days.
              -Machines get checked top-to-bottom & front-to-back for problems and potential problems every year (summer maint.). All tables are put back on-spot as well if needed.

For the gearboxes, I only rebuild them if there is a problem with them... Best thing to have for checking gearboxes is a 'mechanic's stethoscope'... put the prod against the gearhead housing and take a listen while it runs... once you get used to it, you can almost 'see' inside the gearhead just by the sounds it makes. Listen to a couple known-good, new, or just-rebuilt gearheads to get a feel for what they are supposed to sound like, and you'll start picking out worn geartrains/bearings like nothing.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I do most of the PM work myself, but you need to have a defined PM schedule for the night b guy or pinchaser. Delegating is crucial. I keep the cleaning up to the guys at night. The simple lubrication can also be done at night.

Anything a night guy can see from the floor is his. Motors, front end, dist, everything else is mine, or else I would not have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                  Do yourself a favor and shop around if they are not paying you what you are worth.

Jerry
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thx to bowltech im now makin well over 2X what i was makin in '99. good thing bowltech doesnt send me a 10-99 or somethin...LOL

Comment

Coors,

I happy to hear you are making more.

The owners of old time just stuffed their pockets with dough.

Now we share in the wealth.

Jerry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse