Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning routines?

Just curious of others' cleaning routines. I know AMF's recommended cleaning, but how often does everyone else clean theirs?

when i say clean, i mean complete overhaul, vaccuum table and clean yucky crap that gets in there, sweep under machine, clean bin assembly, dist belts, ball lift belts, carpets?

Our center hasnt cleaned the tables for about 3 years, I am home on summer break from college and going through each one. I've found about 1/8 inch of grease and oil buildup in the table over the past few years of not being cleaned.
    Adam Murray
    Manager A
    AMF Bowling Worldwide, Inc.

Re: Cleaning routines?

After a complete sanding we blow out the tables, motors and the chassis. The night chasers clean five bins and BE's a night. Weekend chasers do the dist.'s and what ever else needs to be done. Sweep and vacuum under the mach.'s and the elevator wheels. We have a list hanging up and you sign off on the mach.'d that you finished. It's simple, but it works ok.
    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

unfortunately, in my center... i cant get any of my pinnies to do chit when it comes to cleaning machines. so i just keep on firing and do it myself.
      Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

I use my air compressor and blow out the machines once a month. Channels,motors,tables,chassis, and along the side rails. Sweep under machines every other week. Wipe down dizzy's and pin wheels every 2 weeks. When using the air I also inspect everything on shuttle,bin, and table.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

As often as you think it needs it. The more time you spend ,the more rewarding they are.Too many people wait until its too late.Amazing what you see and find when cleaning and checking.
          maister

Comment

I take shower when I get home everyday,
            does that count too??
            So it goes.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X