Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Tips

Hi everyone! New to the site and learning alot of new stuff already. As I was browsing around, I came across the tech tips, and saw some ways to save a few calls here and there, but there wasn't many. Anyone have any mods, or just cool little tricks of the trade to keep the calls down?

Re: Tech Tips

Stay up with the maintenance of your machines, they will tell you whats going on.

Welcome Aboard, I hope we can help in any way.
    IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UJoint:
      Hi everyone! New to the site and learning alot of new stuff already. As I was browsing around, I came across the tech tips, and saw some ways to save a few calls here and there, but there wasn't many. Anyone have any mods, or just cool little tricks of the trade to keep the calls down?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Disconnect your phone, tannoy and switch off the radio and you'll have no calls all day
      If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

Only joking,

As mardi gras quite rightly says, stay up with the mainenance:

put in the wrench time before hand pays off in the end.

Hope you find the site useful
        If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. We're pretty good with PM, we manage to stay on top of our machines. We only average about 10-15 calls a day at a 56 lane center, but of course, the less calls the better. I read about adding a spring to the 7 and 10 pins sides of the table to prevent off spot pins in the flat gutters, I'm going to give that a shot and see how well it works. A little off topic here but, anyone here use a pindeck spray that doesn't turn the pindecks black? I'm using the Legends stuff now, and it works great, but it's no fun scrubbing the pindecks to get all the black buildup off. Thanks again guys for welcoming me to the community!

Comment

Welcome Aboard [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by UJoint:
              A little off topic here but, anyone here use a pindeck spray that doesn't turn the pindecks black? I'm using the Legends stuff now, and it works great, but it's no fun scrubbing the pindecks to get all the black buildup off.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome to Bowl Tech. I use Legends and the only time my pindecks get black goop on them is when the sweep is rubbing it. Take a look at your sweep height at the 4-5-6 line.

Triac

Comment

Welcome! You won't be disappointed by this group of guys!

Jon [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

A hardy welcome from here also,If you find your self with a problem someone here will have the answer. Dave [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by UJoint:
                    A little off topic here but, anyone here use a pindeck spray that doesn't turn the pindecks black? I'm using the Legends stuff now, and it works great, but it's no fun scrubbing the pindecks to get all the black buildup off.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome to Bowl Tech. I use Legends and the only time my pindecks get black goop on them is when the sweep is rubbing it. Take a look at your sweep height at the 4-5-6 line.

Triac
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Will do, thanks!

Comment

welcome aboard! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                      Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

The last center I worked had the wedge pin holders mixed up on the pin wheels. The previous head hack mechanic that had been there for 12 years or so did not know that there are two part numbers, a left and a right. That results in O pan jams.
                        Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

U joint
                          I have to ask. How often (and how well) do you strip your lanes?
                          Oh... and welocome to Bowl Tech...good folks
                          Go Pirates

Comment

Originally posted by 70/30:
                            U joint
                            I have to ask. How often (and how well) do you strip your lanes?
                            Oh... and welocome to Bowl Tech...good folks
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm running a Century, so the lanes always get stripped before oiling which is everyday, but now that the summer is coming, we have less leagues so it'll be a little less now.

Comment

Welcome to the world of mechanics , where we help each other to achieve the best for each other.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X