TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearboxes

Hi all. I am doing maintanice on all of my nationals. I pull the head on my lane 6 table, and it crashes to the deck. What needs to be done? I know about adding shims, but where and how many??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] Thanks for any replies!
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: Gearboxes

Was the table at full zero or was it past zero, half way down? Your gear box may be too loose.
    "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
    Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

The adding of shims is just for the 30 machines. I've worked on Nationals for 25 years and there is no such need. What you need to do is take the gearbox off of the table drive shaft and then crank it 180 degrees and then re-install. This will get a new "unworn" area of the gears to hold the table up when you remove the motor head again. This should stop what happened to you on lane 6. All the above is assuming the gearbox bearings and gears are in good shape.

Comment

I have seen this happen once. That specific lane, we just put that gear box on the sweep, and had no more problems. With the carbon brushes or 'breaks' as some call them, you dont have to rely on a tigh gear box as much as you do with West ot G.E to achieve a good stoping point. Give it a try, Nationals tend to truck on for a long time.

Comment

ok guys. thanks for the replies. Alan, i'll give it a try. thanks again! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Black Consoles

I got tired of the black consoles braking and they look bad.so I made my own....

Deck knocking pins over on new racks (Need help ASAP)

I am still very new to working on a2s first off.

We started having this issue on tuesday where when the pinsetter goes to spot a new set of pins, a few of them fall...

Express Model B 40 lanemachine

Can somebody give an explaniton how pins 2, 3, 6 are supposed to be connected. I had a shortcircuit there for the drive motor connection because of water leakage.

82-70 Distributor belt pulling to the side.

I have a distributor that is pulling the belt hard to the left in the nine pin position (and possibly 6 pin), but seems fine in the other spots. As you can see the residue and...

82-90 XLi Pin Elevator

I have several Pin Elevators that I believe to be out of round on my XLi's and was curious if anyone has ever run across this before and is so, what you did about it.
          I'm...
          Working...
          X