Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A" or "B"

I have 82-70's with stepper relay chassis. We are looking at upgrading some of the electronics. I have always guessed they are "B" machines.

What do I look at so I can know for sure?
    The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Re: "A" or "B"

sounds like B to me. Does it have a roll over distributor?
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

We only have the "sit" and "play dead" dizzies.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] (sorry!)

Comment

Pat, an 8270 "A " has an additional stepper in the chassis to drive the distributor ( D ) .
        The distributor has a seperate motor.The distributor also has a series of micro switches,and small shafts that actually push the pin off the side of the distributor in certain locations.
        The tableshaft has a fourth cam - TC .
        The bins have a motor which rotates the bin cups .
        On the control box, you will have a distributor zero push button, along with a bin motor circuit breaker, a distributor motor circuit breaker , and a distributor circuit breaker.
        If you have all those items, you have an " A" .
        There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Could there be any " A's " still out there ???
          They had one at Shelby, but it didn't run.
          "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
          Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

They made 82-70's with stepper chassis? Would love to see that!
            Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

It isn't pretty - well, I take that back, when they are running, they work pretty good! There is a local house that was all B chassis, they have all but 2 converted to C chassis (S/S). The 2 remaining are still chugging along. The head mech. there has conversion notes written down. I'll ask him if I can post them. He never really had a lot of problems with them, but wanted to get away from the antique steppers. That was his main problem with that chassis. Nothing like a 1950's part going bad.... :p

Comment

amfpinboy - I was in Shelby (OH) when they had 1 of (almost) everything running back in the mid 80's. 4400 (82/30 - CHAIN driven chassis!) to the first Brunswick GS-10's (weird machine). It was really cool to see all of those run! The rollover distributor was weird....but very cool at the same time.

Comment

BCA sent a few mech.'s there in '76 when they bought a few hundred machines that came back from Japan. The instructor told us the A mach. didn't work and not to touch it.
                  Manville Lanes had the first "A" mach.'s in our area. We went there to watch them run. Once the dirt and chips of pins got into all the dist. head micro's, they would mis-feed all over.
                  Strathmore Lanes in central Jersey is converting his "B" mach.'s into MP chassis's this summer.
                  Gene has kept those chassis's working for many years.
                  "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
                  Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

That roll-over dizzy sound's alot like the new bruns GS-X dizzy. I'm beginning to think some of that new machines technology originated from the early 1950's, From AMF machines.
                    Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Factory B machine:
                      [img]http://pic16.****************/VOL657/2474429/4897923/152126800.jpg[/img]
                      A converted to B:
                      [img]http://pic16.****************/VOL657/2474429/4897923/152126805.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys they are "B"'s. You know we do not really have many problems with them. I am just running out of parts (working steppers) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] I am starting to really scrape in getting stepper cleaned and keeping points working.

I love the chassis there are only about three things go wrong with them. I wish I had some better diagrams for them but [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] we don't always get what we want. Have you guys ever seen those schematics that just run out on the end of a page? I even had an engineer look at these and he couldn't figure them out. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img] Maybe some pages were missing from the old black book though.

I just think that with our qubica scoring it might be better with updated electronics. A by product of that may be leagues getting done sooner, I want the players to stay a little longer. Not because of problems or things like that, but just a nice night out with friends. We do not need to sprint to get three games in.

Have a great day guys.
                        Pat

My pinsetter are not as clean as they were since I got a new motorcycle. I will have to figure that one out when I go for a ride tonight! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]

No things are clean and running good. I am ready to increase linage this is why I want to update the electronics.
                        The problem is usually harder to find than to fix.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X