Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S S Chassis X-ray relay

I have 4 chassis which don't work the first and second ball function(8270's). I have Brunswick Frameworxs which needs this to work when no-tap bowling is on. An AMF rep said the X-ray Relay (JRM-10110) was the problem. AMF doesn't sell these any more. Does anybody have these for sale or know what direction to go to find them ? Thanks !!

Re: S S Chassis X-ray relay

I've have never heard of an X relay! I "think" they were referring to the KX relay which is a square silver relay mounted next to the BPP connector. If that is correct, just remove it. It was used for sparemaker functions back in the day - you don't need it at all. At this point it is more of a problem than a help. It will be apin to remove w/o a decent de-soldering tool, though.

Jon

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank"><a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~wb8yjf/</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

The X-ray relay is next to the tachyon emitter diodes (just behind the Heisenburg compensator).

I have a diagram somewhere on my LCARS terminal - I'll see if I can upload it.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Did you mean the 1st and/or 2nd ball lights don't turn on? Does the machine cycle/operate perfectly other than that?

Cheers,
      Andrew.

Comment

If you are still using the stepper relay chassisyou could have a bad SK relay or a bad klixon. The only other thing involved is stepper C.

Comment

I got one or two of them Heisenburg compensators - new in the box. Maybe it is the confribulator... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img] Good one Andrew!

Seriously though,
          Most scoring only looks for the 2nd ball light - or at least the signal to the bulb (voltage).

Comment

Good point Tall Paul!! I didn't even consider the stepper chassis - my bad....

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew:
              The X-ray relay is next to the tachyon emitter diodes (just behind the Heisenburg compensator).

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that right next to the flux capacitor or something? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Did you mean the 1st and/or 2nd ball lights don't turn on? Does the machine cycle/operate perfectly other than that?

Cheers,
                Andrew.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LCARS:

Library Computer Access and Retrieval System--I thought I was the only one who knew what that was!

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                  Library Computer Access and Retrieval System-- I thought I was the only one who knew what that was!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The world's seemingly small when on the Internet. And thanks for the great LCARS pics, Tablejam.

I'm still waiting for Microsoft to make an LCARS interface for Windows (a proper one, where I can surf the net from my astrometrics lab [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ).

Andrew.

Comment

The machine works just fine when not in the no tap mode. I'm told the frameworxs functions thru the first and second ball lights which is operated thru this relay. It does look tough to take out but I am not sure it will help with the scoring. Thanks for your responses !

Comment

I'm still not sure what relay you might be referring to.

On an 8270 Solid State (5 board or Omega Tek or XOP) or MP chassis, the lights are not operated via a relay.

I doubt that the KX relay has much to do with it (it only turns on on pin read and does barely more than connect the pin read outputs from #4 board to the external plug). Has nothing to with 1st and 2nd ball lights, which are triac controlled, not relay controlled.

When you said "it looks tough to take out" which realy were you referring to?

Are you possibly referring to a scoring-controlled 'short cycle' relay? What boards do you have in your chassis?

I'm confused (sorry!) :-).
                      Andrew.

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                        Library Computer Access and Retrieval System-- I thought I was the only one who knew what that was!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The world's seemingly small when on the Internet. And thanks for the great LCARS pics, Tablejam.

I'm still waiting for Microsoft to make an LCARS interface for Windows (a proper one, where I can surf the net from my astrometrics lab [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ).

Andrew.
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would like a good LCARS interface as well. I have found a lot of great pics, and some awesome screensavers (a lot of which were used as LCARS programs running in the background of a lot of scenes in ST Voyager), at LCARS COM

I run a few of these as screensavers. It's cool because it really looks like the computer is doing something but is really doing nothing at all.

Here is the link to the downloads
                        LCARS download gallery

Comment

Originally posted by TABLEJAM:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nope..... but, I am the guy witht he communicator tattoed on my chest, so it is assumed that I would understand where you were going.....lol

Comment

It is a silver box shape relay with JRM-10110 on it.

Comment

That IS the KX relay. You don't need it in the chassis at all. It was used for the sparemaker computer back in the 60's. It is hard to remove w/o a decent solder sucker or desoldering tool.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X