Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Chassis/Low power to deck light

Ok I have a MP Chassis that is giving approx 100 volts to decklight instead of 220v which all other chassis are doing.

This lack of voltage is causing decklight not to work. Before I start, What can start to look at in the chassis to rectify this problem.

Re: MP Chassis/Low power to deck light

U have 220v pit lites in the UK? I don't know about there ,but here(USA) 220v is 2 110V lines sharing a common netural,so my guess would be U have lost one leg of your line voltage...
    People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Yes 220V over here. The only other weire thing with this chassis is the lights on the masking units are dimmer.

I suspect it's something to do with the "m" relay socket. I put a new M relay in and it worked the first time the pinspoter was turned on. But once the machine was turned off, then back on there was no light.

Could a fauly "m" relay socket caue this. I though with the M relay you would get either voltage or no voltage.

Can anyone confirm this.

Comment

M socket could be going...did you eyeball the C1 pins for any burnt?
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

yeah, socket and pins look fine.

What's worse about it is, this is our end lane. and it gets used the least. We never have problems with this lane. Looking back through diary the lase fault we had was at the beginning of may !!

Comment

With sufficiently burnt contacts/pins on the M relay base you might reduce the voltage that much (it's quite a big drop though, but that may depend on what measuring device you used and whether there was much load at the time).

Pins 6 and 7 allow current to the pit light and to T1 primary.

T1 powers the pin lamps, so they might dim too.

It also powers the M2, spot relay and contactors, but those relays will turn on at a much lower than nominal voltage (therefore you probably wouldn't have noticed any difference to them).

Cheers,
            Andrew.

Comment

does another chassis cure the problem.if not check the wiring in the trunking.if you only have a problem with the pit light, then it could be the pit light or the wiring in the trunking, if it is a chassis problem, you are looking in the right areas. e.g.C1 or M relay power to or thro.
              good luck and let us know please.
              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X