Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More lockup problems

I have a machine that locked up. I replaced the chassis and it ran for 2 nights and locked up again. I checked cams, micro switches. Now when I power up the machine it immediately drops the sweep and table comes down and locks up. I have tried 3 chassis now so I'm pretty sure the problem is elsewhere. I have been reading the posts on the fellow that locked up occasionally, but the running for 2 nights and locking up again kinda throws me. I have been trying all the fixes that you are suggesting him is there maybe something else in my situation that I need to look for?

Re: More lockup problems

When you power on the machine, turn off the control box switches.

If it is an MP chassis, zero out the chassis with the control box switches off.

Comment

Is this an MP chassis? If so I'm assuming when you swapped out the chassis, you did the same with the board...Have you tried moving a known good chassis/board combo to that lane? Need more exact info. on what the setup there is...
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I have had this happen to me, and it turned out to be the MP BOARD.

Comment

Comment

I keep a good, complete chassis on the bench for quick replacement. It worked for 2 days and the machine locked up again. I replaced the complete chassis with one that was working off another machine, but it still locks up when I power up the spotter. I have adjusted all cams micro swithes and pulled out what hair I have left. I put my spare chassis on the second spotter, just in case my luck was bad and it works fine. I am now looking at the pins in the connector and replacing any that looks remotely like it could be bad. Any more help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Comment

Still need to know what kind of chassis you are using..MP or 5 board/ S/S?

Comment

Do both the sweep and table run immediately, or does the table wait like in a normal cycle? Does the sweep run into the table after the table starts, or does the sweep never stop at 66?

If you have the control switches (S and T) off, how does the behaviour change? What about when one is on and the other is off?

I'm trying to confirm whether you simply have continuous run on both contactors (due probably to bad varistors - popular topic lately [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ). They can be bad and initially only fail when warm, until they eventually always fail (matches your description of the lifecycle of this problem).

Cheers,
                Andrew.

Comment

I have 5 board chassis upgraded with omega tech boards. The sweep goes down stops at the guard position, the table goes down starts back up, the sweep starts in......lockup.

Comment

please don't laugh at me but what is a varistor? I really don't know.

Comment

This sounds like a classic case of the TB screw being turned out to far. It puts the lever to close to the cam. Try turning it in a little but make sure the .176 gauge will still actuate the switch on the low part of the cam. Also, the TB switch may be on the fritz and need changed or you have a weak spring.

P.S. Don’t worry about the varsitors…they are in the chassis and you have eliminated this as your problem. Basically they are surge protectors.

Triac

Comment

I don't think it is a varistor - they are either bad or good 99% of the time. A varistor is the 2 black or brown round things mounted on the diode assemby (the piece of angle aluminum mounted under the T1 (main) transformer). This sounds like a C2A or cam switch problem. What kind of switches (name brand?) are you using on the cams? Unimax switches SUCK. Real Microswitch brand are a LOT more reliable. AMF was shipping Unimax for a while. Also, are these cam switches new or "maybe good" types? Check ur cams....

Hey Triac, what happened to ur avitar? It's mostly X'd out...

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf:
                          Hey Triac, what happened to ur avitar? It's mostly X'd out...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL…. It’s been that way since I began using it. I felt this was the perfect avatar, because for the longest time I didn’t know how to do one. That’s why the little smiley dude is trying to get it to work….unsuccessfully I might add. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

After 4 years of not knowing (or really caring) how to post pictures and seeing that Wade could …I felt anybody but Kenny could do this, so I did. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotflol.gif[/img]

Triac

Comment

Sorry - I missed the bit about trying 3 chassis.

To test the interlock switches and circuit try this:
                            1. Turn on machine.
                            2. Unplug table and sweep motors.
                            3. Cycle the machine. Sweep contactor will turn on (but motor won't).
                            4. Hold out SC - sweep contactor should still be on. (If TB is bad, it will fail at this point).
                            5. Hold out TB as well - sweep contactor should turn off (interlock).
                            6. Let go of SC - contactor should turn back on. (If SC is bad it will fail at this point).
                            7. Try to let go of cam levers really gently to test whether the spring is effective and whether the microswitch is engaging effectively.
                            8. Repeat. Only if both SC and TB are held out should the contactor turn off (you can try different combinations/orders).

If the above indicates a problem, then you'll have to double-check lever adjustment (with the gauge), change springs/microswitches or trace wires (post back and we'll give details of the wires).

Otherwise, if the above works well, then as Triac said, the adjustment of the cams may be out.

Sweep should not start until table is out of interlock zone - TB turns off at 255 degrees, TA2 starts at 260 degrees (i.e. 5 degrees later). You can check this imply by cranking table motor manually and checking when TB turns off and TA2 turns on.

Cheers,
                            Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X