Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strike cycle

We just installed 6 more qubica bumpers. When i wasn't there boss decided to wire it up and he didn't unplug the vdb. thus causing the vdb to fail. I got a new vdb installed. Here's the problem, when u throw a strike, it scores a strike , but the machine goes into second ball mode.so you have to reset with tenth frame switch on your ball return. I already replaced theses items also to see if it would eliminate the problem. Chassis, Curtain wall box (qubica).
    Down loaded program from another lane to this lane so that camera paramiters and machine paramiters were the same as machine that was functioning correctly. Could problem be in camera board? Qubica tech says it's a mechanical problem not electrical. I disagree for it wasn't doing this until vdb failed. I even took vdb from other lane and still did the same thing. I checked to see if table drive unit was fucntioning properly and it is. Any other ideas guys?

Re: strike cycle

I might well be just coincidence that it happened at te time of the install. Tech support might be right... the scoring is seeing the strike (meaning it's working)... the machine is seeing a standing pin (which will override the strike signal from the scoring).

If you placed a working VDB from another pair into that offending one, then the problem is definitelty with the machine. I'd have to say that the camera board is also working, since it's not registering a 'ghost' pin, and running strike normally.

Before doing anything with the scoring, go and make sure that if you have table cables yet, that none of the cell wires are shorted to ground. If the cables are removed, look in the TS strip and ensure that no fragments of wire or whatnot have bridged the connectors there. If you have a cell wire grounded, it forces the machine to run a first ball cycle, even though there's nothing on the deck.

Also, just to be silly, if a grounded cell isn't the problem, make sure the IR ball sensors are aligned correctly, too... if the scoring can't tell how fast the ball is going or doesn' detect it right, it can slow down machine operation or revert to mechanical operation to protect the machinery from being hit. Qubica times cycle start by checking how fast the ball is moving, then calculating how long it will take to get across the deck before it drops the sweep. Those IR's can cause some very unusual problems if they're misaligned or inoperative.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

What type of machine chassis do you have? We have this problem with our MK-70 and expander combo. If the delay is set to high, the spotter is already in the cycle before the scoring sends the information. (not sure if this is the same with VDB's as we have BES)

we have had to speed up the delay on most of our amchines by about a half second to get our strike cycles back. It seems to only be an issue on some lanes, others work fine with the default settings.

Comment

Have you checked your wiring from qubica to pinspotter?
        If you have a xlmp box, check if the connector sits properply and check for loose wires. The xlmp box sends pindata to your machine. If machine doesn't receive pindata, machine will feel for pins by using the gripperwires.
        In our situation, the xlmp box is installed next to the BCU (bumper control box). Maybe your boss has pulled a connector from the xlmp while he was installing the BCU.

Comment

could be the two aps wires are the wrong way round.this gives no strike cycle as there is a + and a -.i think it also does not turn machine to second ball on start up.I think grey then pink is the correct order for a seventy with
          f box.have a look i am not sure but have a feeling it may be here or wiring in f box.
          another posibility could be camera height , as G MAN 143 says ,allignment of sensors if both not correct, possible problem.
          maister.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X