Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Number ??

Can anyone tell me the part number for the nut that could secure down the bounce plate to the pit bracket weldements??
    Can't find a number in my manual at hand.

Cheers.
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: Part Number ??

844-050-002 1/4-28 stover lock nut

go to the hardware store and save your self some $$ tho

Comment

The number for the stover nut thar holds the bounce plate to the pit support bracket is 844-058-002 5/16-24. They comer in a bag of 10.

AMF DOCTOR
      The doctor makes house calls.
      AMF DOCTOR
      The doctor makes house calls.
      http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

lol you are right.... I looked in the price book.... couldent find it in the actual parts listing.... my bad...lmao @ me.. had 14/28 stuck in my head.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Got part 844-058-002 but was not correct size for the bracket used in this machine unfortunatly.

The brackets used MAY be vantage one's. There black and almost touch the machine frame on the floor, almost free standing, and have no cut out section in the middle of them like the old style AMF one's.

Can't pop down to hardware store as in UK it is hard to find "AF" nuts and bolts, as we use metric sizes.

Cheers,

Comment

the brackets your talking about is 070-001-450 and 070-001-451. the nut is still the same. 844-058-002. I looked in the vantage book its the same as amf. more than likely what happened is someone retread to a different size or stripped the threads by putting on the wrong nut. The nut is shown in the vantage book on pg 15 item 59a.

Comment

Alistair the nut you need is a fine thread and the part number is not in the manual. Two options. (1) telephone Andy at AMF or (2) cut the studs off the bracket and weld new coarse thread bolts in their place.there are plenty of those in or o the machine.
                maister.

Comment

I have always wondered what the point of having certian (and so few) fine threaded nuts/bolts on the machines when the bulk of them are coarse. Never made much sense to me. (at least for our aplications) I can only think of less than a half dozen of so.....

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                    I have always wondered what the point of having certian (and so few) fine threaded nuts/bolts on the machines when the bulk of them are coarse. Never made much sense to me. (at least for our aplications) I can only think of less than a half dozen of so.....
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The original application for fine thread was in places where the nut had very little area to grab on the bolt (more threads mean a tighter, stronger attachment), in an area where a coarse thread would only be holding on by a thread or two, allowing it to strip out easier (like on threaded hole through thinner material)... the fine thread gives the attachment point a bit more 'beef'... the same goes for a bolt threaded into a softer material... the more threads that are holding on, the less chance of it stripping or pulling loose. Smaller screws and bolts use fine thread just because it's a better hold for the physical size of the fastener.

Other than that, fine thread is usually used for things like lead screws, positioning, and adjustment bolts, where the fine thread allows for a finer adjustment.

You are correct, though... most areas of the machine that use fine thread would work just as well with coarse.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Originally posted by TheGMan143:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are correct, though... most areas of the machine that use fine thread would work just as well with coarse. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was kind of my point...

To be honest, I would bet that it serves the same function that the little spring on the bell crank. Another part that mechanics have to stock....lol

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X