Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single pin spares

Got a bowler here who wants to practice her spares (7 and 10 pin) I had an idea for setting 1 machine at the 7 and the other at the 10. disconnecting the trip arms, loading both machines with 2 pins each. Then jumping the bin switch to a custom one that I snap into the back. Once set up, she could bowl back and forth. Anyone think of a different-better-easier way to accomplish this?
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: Single pin spares

GS-10 [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Just have the bowler try to pick off the 7 or 10 pin with a full rack standing. It is great practice, and no work for you. We use to play this for money as kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietenpol:
        Then jumping the bin switch to a custom one that I snap into the back.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When we used to do the single pin spare thing for a local bowling class, we drilled a hole thru the bin switch actuator and the rear channel. We then placed a flat head X-Washer pin thru the holes to keep the actuator locked in the rear position. I found this much easier than to keep moving wires around on the BS microswitch.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Use black electrical tape to close the bin switch bracket.

After disconecting the trip arm, you will have to use a string to pull the distrubutor farther over to the 7 or 10, as with out the trip arm connected the pins will not load properly.

Also use 3 pins. 1 on the deck 2 reloading, or you will have empty racks.

Otherwise what we usually did was just tape the bracket, leave a few pins in and shoot at random setups. Leave 2-3 pins in each rack and shoot away.

JMO, but the 7 or 10 pin is psychological anyway. There is know reason a 200+ average bowler should shoot them like Shaq shoots free throws.

Comment

Originally posted by smalltwnguy:
            ...leave a few pins in and shoot at random setups. Leave 2-3 pins in each rack and shoot away.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like that.

Thanks,
            Andrew.

Comment

with the bin switch taped shut tho, wouldn't there be a possibility of the machine trying to set a rack as the pin is coming off the distributor..more of a chance of jamming.
              Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Where do you guys come up with this rack stuff ? My machines spot pins.

Comment

Originally posted by misterx:
                  Where do you guys come up with this rack stuff ? My machines spot pins.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the rack what is spoted on the pindeck... hence the term 'full rack' or 'empty rack'. It is a legitmate term.

Not like a "rake" , "180" , or a "pin in the deck" (pin has to be ON the deck, and the deck can't move unless you unscrew it from the stringers) They are 'fake' terms from them setters.... AMF Spots a nice RACK..... mashers just SET the pins where ever they want to..... lol

The preceding message was meant in jest only. The site, or the posters employerare held wholey unresponcible for its content.....

Comment

Every now and then we get bowlers with a nice rack!! Sometimes they have a full rack, then there are those with a half rack. Come to think of it I've seen all sorts of "Racks". Oh yeah I would think a fake "Rack" may appear now and then. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think that the machine should jam at all if the bin switch is taped up. If the shuttle and all is adjusted correctly the machine should be able to shuttle the pins when the distributor is feeding them into the bin. This happens naturally in the normal operation of the pinspotter.

I like large, full racks myself.
                      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

why do you guys even do this

Comment

I've tried this and for me the cups don't rotate smoothly when empty and 1/2 the time the single pin would fall over. Machine spotted fine with a full set.I think you can blame the PBA for the term "rack". He wants a re-rack.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                          People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

You shouldnt have to do any work, the bowler should learn their own practice techniques and they should be able to work on this without any pins on the deck. When you practice single pins like the 7-10, your technically practicing "ineffectively" in my opinion as well as my coach at the college. If your practicing hitting the 7 or 10, you leave yourself vulnerable to miss other single pins. If you practice hitting targets on the lanes, you can be more versatile and make any pin... as smalltwnguy said, anyone averaging 200+ should be able to shoot spares easily, unless your putting up a wall and letting them strike all day during league (which is a great way of keeping bowlers happy and making more money).
                            Adam Murray
                            Manager A
                            AMF Bowling Worldwide, Inc.

Comment

For our high school teams we have cardboard pins we hang w/ duct tape from the table at the 1-2-3-7-10, the put the machines in instructomat, all done for thier two hours of practice.

Fairly basic and easy to do, we have Boss Scoring and 82/70's.
                              It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X