Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's a belter

Just re-built a pbl assembly of late and the belt now vibrates up and down a lot when it is running.

I replaced the bearings where worn and re-packed the ok ones. The yokes are in good condition as there is no play in them so the bearings are a good tight fit. Tension on the spring is 4 1/2 inches also. The belt is a grey one which the V is off centered. Don't know where it came from. The pbl itself does not shake around a lot just the belt.

Can't think what i have done for this too happen? Maby somehow the belt needs more tension now??
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: it's a belter

Is the belt rubbing the hoop weldment?

Comment

I take it you mean the ball doors at the bottom??
      No, it is not.

Comment

I have one belt that does this. It's an old orange concave type belt. Been doing it for many years with no side effects. I don't know why and never tried to figure it out either.

Comment

We have a few Stahls grey belts that do this, especially when new. They settle down some when they stretch and we readjust the tension. We run our tension at 4”. Like Alan mentioned, no adverse affects. In fact they are the best belt we have tried for performance and longevity.

Triac

Comment

Well I has correct. It was a tension issue. I re-adjusted the pbl spring to 4 1/4 inches and the problem went away.
            When I took the belt off during the re-build it must have streched, causing it to bounce around when it was installed again.

Stahl's belt - really! I thought that they would have at least been able to make them with the V in the center!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            I don't have any real grumbles apart from they are a lot harder and more time consuming to clean.
            The off set of the belt may lead to ball damage?? As one side of the pulley is exposed and not covered by the belt. Possible nics on bowling balls??

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair:
              Stahl's belt - really! I thought that they would have at least been able to make them with the V in the center!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No…Stahls belts have the “V” centered. Just some of them would have a slight ripple effect when new, then they settle down with age and readjustment of the tension.

Triac

Comment

Alistair. this is the common sign of a stretched belt. it vibrates and and twitches when in normal running mode, waiting for a ball.Now we make 4" the normal length of the spring.
                maister

Comment

I can feel a photo opportunity coming up here!
                  I'm sure you've posted pics of this belt before Triac??

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair:
                    I can feel a photo opportunity coming up here!
                    I'm sure you've posted pics of this belt before Triac??
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/8187999/164072797.jpg[/img]
                    So it goes.

Comment

Sorry Lampie!

I knew I had spied pic's of this before on here just forgot by whom.

Is this the Stahls belt that we(probably just I) are talking about??

Cheers,

Comment

NEWS FLASH!! Last time I purchased a new ball lift tension spring, I compared it with an original one, about 20 - 30 years old. The older one was about 3/4" shorter, which got me a-thinkin'...
                        If the spring is weak, you would think tightening up on the nut would compensate. However, you can only go so far. For instance, the belt tension could still be inadequate even at 4" (current recommendation [I use a spot cup gauge]), if the relaxed length of the spring is 3/4" less than that of new (6"). One would suppose that you could compensate for the weak spring by tightening and crushing the installed spring down to 3-1/2", but that's not possible without collapsing the spring coil-to-coil, thereby defeating the purpose of the spring.

As I rebuild each lift this season, I am replacing each one's spring. They're not expensive.

Comment

Ah.. I see what your saying here.

The same can be said for the compression spring for the shuttle. It must be measured when NOT compressed, to give you an indication of wither or not it will need replaced!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...
                          Working...
                          X