Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sweep Cycle...

Okay here’s my Problem:
    I Have 2 Lane Project House – 1 Lane Works the other does not.

82-70 Rev. B
    Vantage COM Score DVS Scoring
    Ultra 98 Chassis

Okay these Machines have both been working fine for 2 years, now as of Friday the Odd lane is down….

Problem is there is No sweep run, not though the SA, not though the Pit Cycle, machine will not Zero, no Sweep run through Control Box, Sweep will only run though pressing the Sweep Switch in the chassis. If you wait a few minutes you get a Cont. Cycle on the table…

Here’s what I have done

1. Moved Chassis: Problem Stayed
    2. Replaced SA, SB, SC Switches, and Checked Wiring
    3. Start Cycle Switch is Good
    4. Off Spot Switch is disabled (has been for 2 years)

Have not checked the Sweep run & Reverse Switch (Will do it next time i Get out there)

But upon investigating I have found that both machines are not wired the same in the wire way above the motors.

So my 2nd Question is those that still have the DVS Systems on an 8270 Machine do you have the Wire Diagrams for how the scoring ties into the Machine, AMC BOX TO THE COMSCORE CONTROLLER< THEN TO THE WIREWAYS…

Re: No Sweep Cycle...

Unplug the AMC cable to the machine and see if the sweep runs.

Sounds like a faulty instructomat circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
      Unplug the AMC cable to the machine and see if the sweep runs.

Sounds like a faulty instructomat circuit.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ill add that to the List for the next visit

Thanks

Comment

On your Ultra 98 Chassis, you can disable the Instructomat crap and see if it is indeed at Manager's circuit grounded causing your lack of sweep logic. When you disconnect the A&amp;MC, don't forget to jump the mgr. control circuit so you can get the machine to power up.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Try swaping the sweep and table motors. Lets start by making sure the motor runs.

Bad cap or short somewhere that does not jump out at you may have, and continue to, fried the sweep fuse on the ultra 98 at initial power up. they are (or were before they were manufactured by zot, havent used any of the newer ones) netourious for bad wiring to those fuses.

I would assume you already checked the Klixon.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
            Try swaping the sweep and table motors. Lets start by making sure the motor runs.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jim....

He mentioned the motor runs by pressing the S button on the Ultra.

--Kat

Comment

Jump the mask plug if you can. For version 4, jump across 2 and 28.
              This is to rule out a faulty on/off switch on the masking unit, or any bad wiring problems related to this unit.

Yeah, jump across 5 and 6 on the plug when taking out the a+mc. Getting rid of the managers control circuit etc...

Take the power cable from the table and plug it into the sweep motor and see if it runs. This will eliminate the motor itself. If the sweep runs from the table contactor the motor is fine.

The part that is confusing is the constant table run??

Have you swopped boards in the chassis? or swopped out the whole chassis with a known good one?
              Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Just read mask topic below this one. Use the appropiate list to find the numbering to jump across the mask switch. This will enable the pinspotter to run without the mask connected.
                Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Sounds like the machine is on practice

Comment

I doubt it to be in instrutomat, because he can’t run it thru the mechanics control box. The sweep run switch is a direct connection to the coil of the contactor that overrides all logic.

If the contactor is not energizing, then that means the problem is on the low voltage side which eliminates the sweep reverse switch.

Since you eliminated the chassis as the source of the problem….I would first jump the sweep switch in the mechanics box. Also, take a very close look at the C2A pins and wires going to C2A-16Z and 11B. You should have continuity across these two pins if the sweep switch is good.

Triac

Comment

Yep.... missed that line Kat... sorry bout that.

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                        I doubt it to be in instrutomat, because he can’t run it thru the mechanics control box. The sweep run switch is a direct connection to the coil of the contactor that overrides all logic.

Triac
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very true.

I wondering if the machine thinks it's in some kind of interlock state SC/TB??? In an interlock, the SWR is disabled in the BE control box. He did mention that the two machines are wired different. Maybe something wired wrong with SC/TB? Just a stab in the dark.

--Kat

Comment

That thought crossed my mind also…but then I thought about it some more…… If the interlocks were causing the problem, he wouldn’t have a continuous table when energizing the sweep thru the chassis after attempting a cycle.

I don’t know if the sweep run switch in the chassis needs to go thru the sweep switch on/off or not. However, the sweep run switch (in mechanics control box) does need to go thru the sweep on/off switch. I am highly suspicious of the sweep on/off switch being bad. When he jumps it, that will either fix it or put the problem at the C2A pins/wires that I listed above.

Triac

Comment

Originally posted by triac:
                            I don’t know if the sweep run switch in the chassis needs to go thru the sweep switch on/off or not. Triac
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On the Ultras (listed above as being used here) pushing the SWEEP button is the same as manually closing the contactor...overiding toggle in back and interlock protection. It will even run motor when pinsetter is in the "idle off" state.

On a 9800 MP, the Sweep button on the side of the Chassis is just like the SWR switch; directly applies 24VAC to the contactor coil. So, if the toggle on the BE box is off, it is dead...same with an interlock condition.

--Kat

Comment

Okay ya’ll, you gave me another Idea, Ill try again on Monday when I get back out there... Ill let you know, meanwhile if some else crosses you mind Text it, and ill see what happens.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X