Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOR

How do you guys clear an OOR with a pin in the flat gutter where the table manages to descend far enough to grasp the standing pins and goes back up with pin s in the cells? Tonight we had a chaser clear the OOR like normal. He cleared the deadwood and reversed the sweep. He then cycles the machine so it spotted wood on wood. I scolded him later on because he made a mess and could have broken something. The way I clear the situation is to run the sweep through from 66 to 270 and back to 0 to get rid of the deadwood. I then climb to the top of the machine and run the table down with TA1 to release the pins from the cells. Any help appreciated.

Wang

Re: OOR

You can actualy adjust the bolt that activates the OS switch so that you get an off spot with on deck wood, but not with gutter wood.

I rarly encounter this. if I do, I sweep the dead wood, and manualy run the table (leaving the sweep at 2nd guard until I drop the pins)

I then adjust the OS bolt.

Comment

Don't get it often but when I do, I just run the sweep thru with the contacts in the chassis stopping the sweep just before 270 (I trust NO ONE at the other end of the lane) run the table with the contacts to let go of the pins, then run the sweep the rest of the way to 270 and let it go to 0 by itself. I'm too lazy to lean over to the cams from the top so I just do it thru the contacts. We usually only get false offspots when the small bearings in the yoke of the table drive are shot (I think that's the name, whatever the clevis screws onto lol)
      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
        the small bearings in the yoke of the table drive are shot (I think that's the name, whatever the clevis screws onto lol)
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now now now... you arent fooling anyone...lol Who you testing??

Comment

Testing myself, haven't studied the parts book well enough lately lol. I know where things are just forget the proper names a bit too often for my taste [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Plus, we all have little nicknames for parts so I try to use the proper terms on here so there's no confusion [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Hey Wang:

Check your mail.

AMF DOCTOR
            The doctor makes house calls.
            AMF DOCTOR
            The doctor makes house calls.
            http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

I have MP's so I can clear them with the table and sweep run buttons on the side of chassis. We never had any flat gutter OOR until new lanes and flat gutters were installed. I have started putting springs on bottom of tables to knock over pins standing in gutter as table decends. (Thanks to Masternut)

Pete

Comment

If I see nobody on the approach, with no deadwood I just cycle the table from the contactors. With deadwood, sweep run to guard, pinfork deadwood, cycle table and reverse sweep.
                Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by poplarpetey:
                  I have MP's so I can clear them with the table and sweep run buttons on the side of chassis. We never had any flat gutter OOR until new lanes and flat gutters were installed. I have started putting springs on bottom of tables to knock over pins standing in gutter as table decends. (Thanks to Masternut)

Pete
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you can do it with SS chassis too, just have to be carefull if you have allen bradleys....lol dont bump the 110

Comment

i have a special tool for those

Comment

I've thought about making a hook similar to a sardine can key. Flattened end with a hole drilled in it. Screws in with the top contactor. Give it a little tug and eliminate those 'hair-raising' moments. Or just convert all the chassis to bowl-tronics boards with the buttons.
                      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietenpol:
                        Or just convert all the chassis to bowl-tronics boards with the buttons.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES YES YES YES YES.....Very good thinking

Comment

or use a comb

Comment

Pete

Can you explain the spring thing or show a picture?

Thanks in advance

Tim
                            HBOwner

Comment

Originally posted by Keep them running:
                              or use a comb
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I will admit that the BT contactors cost a bit more, but in the long run, they are WELL worth it.

(beats allen bradleys hands down)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X