Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front rollers

any one any good tips to help open up the roller..................no way can i get it open after trying every thing.

Re: front rollers

Take a propane torch and heat up each bolt.Now take a hammer and hit around each bolt.Take allen wrenches or allen sockets and crack them loose.You may have to get bolts red-hot.Good Luck.

Comment

I take a punch and put it in the middle of the bolt (where you would put your allen wrench) and give it a couple of good hard smacks, that usually breaks them loose enough for me to take them out with the allen wrench...Make sure you wear ear plugs or your ears will be ringing for a week. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

I just weld a nut on top of the screw, works like a charm.

Brett...
        Less block please!!!!

Comment

I whack them with the ball end of a ball peen hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by AIR FORCE MECH:
            I take a punch and put it in the middle of the bolt (where you would put your allen wrench) and give it a couple of good hard smacks, that usually breaks them loose enough for me to take them out with the allen wrench...Make sure you wear ear plugs or your ears will be ringing for a week. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is the best way I know of, but I have never tried using a torch what with being afraid of fire and all.

Comment

Propane torches work, but acetaline works faster....lol

Comment

sorry...double post

Comment

A bit of heat and good belt works every time. I used to put mole grips on the allen key for extra leverage.j.
                  I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

thanks got it opened with the help of a hammer. just wanted to ask first not a lover of useing a hammer on any part of a machine. have seen to much damage done with a hammer.but thanks again

Comment

in this case, its the proper technique. By giving the screw head a good whack, you break loose the nylon or locktite that is glueing the screw in place. This allows for easy removal. by not doing it, you will eventualy strip out one, or break your tool.

Comment

Id like to add something. I've had a few bolts that were torqued down all the way and still sticking above the roller body. I just used a grinder to make it smooth. Obviously I dont want the carpet to get cut on the roller or bolt.

Wang

Comment

Very good point Wang... and Thank you....lol I have been saying this for 18 years.... the screw is about 65 cents. the carpet over $180 (for a good one) I also never re-use the screws when I am in charge. same reason, dont want them to back out and ruin a carpet.

Comment

A good tip that I use when un-screwing or tightening of the front roller bolts, is to use an old or spare shuttle compression spring tube slipped onto the allen key. This gives you extra leaverage and will help get out pesky bolts.
                            Same principle they use in a car garage when replacing your tire.
                            When tightening up the nuts they use a massive long wrench, thus extra leaverage, and therefore less of a chance that your wheel will fall off!
                            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

did maister learn you that one alastair......

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X