Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pit

i was wondering how long it should take to remove rollers bounce plates and carpet.clean them and under machine put on new carpet and cheek every thing is perfect and reinstall...?i got it done in 2 hours and enjoyed it.

Re: pit

About 3 1/2 hours.

In addition to the work you did you should:
    1. Inspect the cushion and replace any worn cushion blocks or supports.
    2. Replace any missing rubber rivots.
    3. Inspect and replace any cracket carpet angles.
    4. Remove, inspect, solvent tank, lubricate, and reinstall the front roller hinges.
    5. Remove and replace the rear roller bearings with freshly repacked bearings.
    6. Replace the front roller with a roller that is lubricated and had repacked bearings.
    7. Install 4 new vibration dampeners on the bounce plate.
    8. Tighten all bounce plate reinforcement bars.
    9. Inspect the bounce plate brackets and reinstall them with grade 8 bolts and stover lock nuts.

Comment

King,

Item #4 on your check list say's remove the solvent tank.

Solvent tank?

I have never seen a solvent tank in a pit.

Is this something new?

Comment

Yep, do everything that King said. We replaced all of the pit supports with the newer type. The pit should run for two seasons before it needs attention, if you do a complete rebuild.
        "Gun control is the policy of tyrants"
        Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

I think he means clean the hinges in a solvent bath...j. I used to spend about 3 hours farting about cleaning everything, but if speed was the key I could change a bounce plate in about 40 minutes all in.j.
          I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

yes all of that was done in that time frame.

Comment

You should also carefully inspect your front and rear roller support brackets.Remove front brackets,clean and lube.Make sure the rear roller bracket,ball door side isnt cracked.We have grinded ours off and bolted on new ones.Just something else to check.

Comment

If you do everything on King's list, which is exactly what we do, you will get a LOT more than 2 seasons.

Comment

Good list Jerry, but where does the missing hour and a half go???? lol

hand packing front/rear roller bearings is a waste of time, they are less than $4 each. Just use new ones. Also bear in mind that the over all RPM's of a pit is very low. some greese is enough. they dont have to be 'full of high quality'. Its not turning at 2000 RPM like a wheele bearing, and lives are not hanging in the ballance. Run one for 2 days straight, and them pull a rear and feel the bearing. if there is ANY heat, you need greese. I have never found a warm roller bearing unless there was some problem that led to its early demise, and I have never hand packed a new bearing. If it isnt good, I replace it.

I suggest going with enviro front roller links and bearing support bushings... Huge time saver.

With the stahls spring tool, the removal of the front bearing supports are a piece of cake.

I didnt see anyone (may have missed it, in a hurry, trying to move) mention the plows. broken or cracked plows will wreck havoc on pins. Small ones can br replaced fairly cheaply (less than $70) the big ones are pricy, so I suggest welding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot Dargan:
                    i got it done in 2 hours and enjoyed it.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The fact that you enjoyed it is slightly warped... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

In a high lineage house, the pits should be checked out every other year. I can usually can find something wrong in the pit by the time two years rolls along. If you are doing twenty lines a day per lane, the pit should be OK for a few years.
                      &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                      Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                        Good list Jerry, but where does the missing hour and a half go???? lol

hand packing front/rear roller bearings is a waste of time, they are less than $4 each. Just use new ones. Also bear in mind that the over all RPM's of a pit is very low. some greese is enough. they dont have to be 'full of high quality'. Its not turning at 2000 RPM like a wheele bearing, and lives are not hanging in the ballance. Run one for 2 days straight, and them pull a rear and feel the bearing. if there is ANY heat, you need greese. I have never found a warm roller bearing unless there was some problem that led to its early demise, and I have never hand packed a new bearing. If it isnt good, I replace it.

I suggest going with enviro front roller links and bearing support bushings... Huge time saver.

With the stahls spring tool, the removal of the front bearing supports are a piece of cake.

I didnt see anyone (may have missed it, in a hurry, trying to move) mention the plows. broken or cracked plows will wreck havoc on pins. Small ones can br replaced fairly cheaply (less than $70) the big ones are pricy, so I suggest welding them.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">New bearings have plastic cages and do not have the longevity of older bearings.

The reason to solvent tank the bearings is to get rid of the dirt in the grease.

Comment

I have yet to see a plastic roller bearing, but it wouldent surprise me. In Vermont I did front wheel bearings for a friends full size 3/4 ton pannel van. The bearings that he boutght at the ford DEALERSHIP had plastic cages.

With thedays technoligy, it apperantly isnt a bad thing.

Greese is usd to inhibit friction. Plastic, inherantly, produces less friction than metal does. and, once again, they are spining at roughtly.....120 RPM. a plastic one could probably run completly dry for a solid year before failing.

I knew a guy that would pull seals off of a brand new metal bearing, clean out the factory greese, and re-pack them with his own 'self approved' brand. within about 3 days, the seals would pop off (they are not designed to be pried of with a screwdriver, once you do, they are never the same) and 2/3 of the greese would leak out. Those disnt have any premature failure either.

Comment

Also when pulling a pit I check and replace the rear roller bracket half moon rubber cover support
                            We all know that when this wears away the roller will pull through the side of the machine and a new bracket will have to be bolted on! Great fun. Nae.
                            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

as far as i knew they should be done once a year......enjoyed it becanse it was some thing new would say by the time i have 12 done i will not be so happy doing it.......

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X