Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat & FPS

The other night our A/C kept tripping (113 deg outside) and the concourse area got to about 95 deg, it got to about 105 deg in the back ...Here is my question...would the heat affect the machines that much to where your FPS went to he11? That night I was getting all kinds of stops (mostly pile ups) came in the next day and the A/C was working correctly again and all was back to normal [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] ...In my 21 years of wrenching I have never experienced anything like that, will the heat make the pinspotters run like ****?
    Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Re: Heat & FPS

I've noticed the heat will swell the pin belly's, that would cause an increase in pile-ups on machines that are tight already at the pans.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Yepper... definitely.

We always had a ton of pin piles on those smeltering hot days. The hotter it was... the worse it was. I used to dread anything above 90... cuz I knew I was in for a long night. Thankfully though I live in Wisconsin, where we only get 1 or 2 of those a year. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Absolutly..... plus, with your 90's, the plastic sweep arms may try to warp in the heat. not sure if it would make that much of a difference assembled, but I know it wrecks havoc on them in the box....

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood Blues:
          Yepper... definitely.

We always had a ton of pin piles on those smeltering hot days. The hotter it was... the worse it was. I used to dread anything above 90... cuz I knew I was in for a long night. Thankfully though I live in Wisconsin, where we only get 1 or 2 of those a year. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">anything over 90, and the milk comes out pre-curdled.... you dam cheese heads. Drink from bubblers.... carry groceries tot he care in a bahge............ dont know about you.

Comment

Re: Heat &amp; FPS

Don't forget...

You can tell the difference between the smell of cow manure and pig manure.

You have watched Fargo and not noticed an accent.

Your best shirt has a big letter 'G' on it.

You can make sense out of the words "upnort" and "Trivers".

You can recognize someone from Illinois from their driving.

You know what to do with a Blatz.

You don't have a coughing fit from one sip of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

You can use the word "ya der hey" easily in a sentence

Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a cow next to your blue spruce.

You know how to polka, but you've never done it sober.

You think of the major four food groups as cheese, beer, brats and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I noticed more problems with heat's comapnion, humidity. "Dry" heat doesn't seem to do much in the way of causing lane problems, but I can definitely say that humidity does.

Every time the humidity goes up, we get pinjams, mis-spots, sliders, and yo-yoing lifts... but if the humidity is low and it's just hot, things seem to run pretty much normally.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys...I don't feel so bad now...GMan it was a little humid back here that night too.

Comment

Humid kenny??? you arent leaving that 5 gallon pee bucket full back there again are ya? that will evaporate ya know!!

Comment

Belive it or not, it does get a little humid down here, not much but a little...What makes it worse here though is the people who take care of the grounds will leave the water sprinklers on for two days straight wich in turn makes a small lake right outside my back door, then it gets really humid. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]

As for the pee bucket...I leave that back here because it makes for a good air freshener. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

We get this a bit too (in hot Melbourne summers when the A/C breaks down). Lots more pile ups and sometimes ball problems too.

I thought it might be caused by extra oil carry-down due to warmer lanes. The suggestion of the swelling pin bellies is a good thought. I think uprail covers may 'sweat' out oil too.

Andrew.

Comment

Heat and humidity, yessir

What floats on water....oil

High humidity can break down the bond between the lane and oil, down the lane it goes along with oil related problems, ball calls, orientation, stick cups.

I don't think beelies swell as much as oil is on the surface causing problems.

Thought I would see you at expo airforce.....
                        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                        804-240-4982

Comment

Tonight it was 28 degree's celcius down the back. Roasting hot, but very humid. Not a nice dry heat unfortunatly. In our building the air is constant, and goes nowhere as no A/C. Two small windows can be opened in the bar, but that does as much good as an ashtray on a motorbike!

When I am on, especially at the busy spells, I wipe down and use a small amount of oil on the pans and guide rails to help oriantation. We all also clean the carridge tubes and rollers regularly which helps dramatically reduce pile ups with a degreaser.
                          Off spots are our biggest fault/stop by around 70% of our total calls. Remember the machine is performing correctly as it is one of the machines 5 cycles it is built to perform! I do not count it in any FPS calculation that I may perform.
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

The heat does affect our calls some, we will get more than usual when hot. But like "G" said when it gets humid LOOK OUT. Pin piles all over. Machines that never pile up do, I've seen pins actually just stick in the pinwheel and go right over the O-pan entirely not to mention the bellies swelling (which I'm sure helps that problem moreso). 70's HATE humidity
                            All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I can remember at least 2 times when I was called back to work when the A/C had failed and the machines went banana's. This was on both 70's &amp; 30's.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X