Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRIKE CYCLE

On lanes 15 & 22 I have a continuous strike cycle problem that I cannot figure out. I have checked the plug wires on chassis & respot cells. All the respot cells have space between the bolt and the cell itself, all springs are inside the respot cells. Rewired the table and still cannot produce a strike cycle. It acts as though a pin is in the cell when switching from 1st to 2nd ball causing no strike. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]
    "Good luck, Good bowling, & have fun !!!!"

Re: STRIKE CYCLE

With all respot cells open, do a continuity check between each of the cell wires on the TAC baord in the wireway to table ground. when you find the "one that beeps" that is your problem circuit.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Erik,

Did you move the chassis to another machine to see if the problem is in the chassis?

What type of scoring do you have, The problem could also come from that.

Comment

Or.... if no meter to hand... use electrical tape to tape up each finger cell wire. Cycle the machine and it should do a strike cycle. Un-tape one cell and attach it to the finger. Empty the deck and run a first ball cycle, if it runs a strike then you know it is ok. Keep attaching each wire to each cell, individually untill the machine doesn't perform a X cycle, then you know which cell wire is to blame.
        All you have to do now is to determine wither it is from the cell to the table plug or from the table plug to the TAC block. Replace the wire from the cell to the table plug first, then if it still doesn't run a strike cycle change the wire from the plug to the TAC block.

Good idea to purchase a C2A tester from cybernetic solutions, make sure it is the one with a speaker as it is better. Had a lack of X cycle problem once and used it but it only had the LED's. When testing, opening each cell by hand, as if a pin was there, the light did flash, so carried on with further investigations. But the problem turned out to be a loose screw, so sometimes it was touching and other times it wasn't. If it had been a buzzer, then might have been more apparent. Also, it would save body contortions to view the meter when testing each cell.

Hmmm. clever penguin Kat.
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

If you have Omega Teks with the expander, swap the expander out - I've seen it cause just this problem.

Jon
          I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

If he was using an expander then the table wiring can be removed. Un-plug the table plug, and as long as the scoring is scoring a strike, and the jumper on the expander is in the correct place, the machine will do a strike cycle. If not swop chassis. If still no x cycle ..
            then cover the camera with a rag and if the machine will not do a stike cycle then the camera is too blame. (test with a good, known working chassis) That is if the lane is using the MK70 exp board.

Comment

It would be easier to isolate the wires in the terminal strip in the wireway.

Unplug one wire at a time where the table cable wires plug in and see which wire or cell is the problem.

The problem could be in the table cable.

Comment

Personally, I feel its easier to unplug the table cable and jump the gps in the wireway and to test on which have could have the grounding problem.

Wang

Comment

King, do you mean the TAC board?
                  Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

My reasoning for suggesting what I did was to not only rule out each respot cell, but the table cable harness (top and bottom) as well. By using the TAC board, you are at the top of the questionable circuits.
                    Disconnect 1 wire at a time from the TAC, the one going down the table cable. See if continuity exists between it and machine ground. If you find one (GPS excluded), it could be a shorted wire in the sheath or grounded wire inside one of the table wireways.

This should of course be done after verifying problem exists in the pinsetter by trying this machine's chassis on another lane.

--Kat

Comment

We have an LED on each chassis that lights when a pin in sensed. Handy for troubleshooting wonky wires.

Comment

B.E. Man
                        We have Frameworx scoring. Swapped chassis and it did not go from machine to machine. Tried the tape and still no luck. Thanks for all your great ideas and will try more of them tomorrow night.
                        "Good luck, Good bowling, & have fun !!!!"

Comment

Kat's method of trouble shooting is spot on, for this type of problem, and is the best method to use.

Erik - Check the TAC block which is situated in the wireway beside the big capacitors. This is where the table wires end up, before they go to the chassis. There may be a wire which has been disturbed and is not connected properly. Purchase a multi-meter and use Kat's method to determine any problems.
                          As a long shot use youre meter to check continuity from the TAC block to the C2a plug, in case a wire is broken or a wire has come out of the pin etc..?

What type of chassis are you running?? 5 card, omega-tek single board, expanders, MP ??
                          Is the scoring counting correctly?
                          Take some sandpaper and clean in between each finger cell screw in case any dirt is present?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew:
                            We have an LED on each chassis that lights when a pin in sensed. Handy for troubleshooting wonky wires.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those are nice, aren't they. Also tells you if you have an instructomat fault (which seems to be common on this forum).

--Kat

Comment

Are these LED's a home made job??
                              Or is it the ZOT thingy you can buy which plugs into both lanes and shows you basically all the switches and enables you to cycle both machines etc...??

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X