Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep Rocker Arm

Where the sweep rocker arm connects to the 3116 tie rod on the 7 side the bolt head is hitting the Stabilizing Link 3238 and the Pin Bearing 3103. Is this the pillow block bearing wearing and causing it to slide to the seven pin side? Can you grind down the bolt or replace it with a clevis pin for a quick fix before fixing it properly?
    Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Re: Sweep Rocker Arm

You can grind the bolt and install a Nylock Jam Nut to conserve space.

A couple things to check:

1. Remove the sweep bar at the mounts. Does it seem as if the sweep brackets are applying outward pressure to the links? If so, the sweep bar brackets may be bent. This is very common with the newer 90-style sweep bar brackets, but still possible with slide bar type also.

2. With the bar still off, disconnect the tie rod at the rear of the link assy., allowing the link to swing freely. As you manually move the link back & forth, does it still hit?
    Also, in the relaxed position, is the center of the link/s front "knuckle" centered in the flat gutter? In other words, does the link hang straight down? If not, shimming at the saddles may be in order.

Of course, check for twisted individual links.

Comment

Perhaps under the pantograph link washers may need to be added or removed?
      If all else fails, don't worry as it will wear away soon, and be a thing on the past. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Tried shimming the saddles. A 2 inch clevis pin ended up giving me the clearance needed. Will check the centering of the knuckle next.
        Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X